Windows Phones

Cyan for Lumia 1020 rolls out in Canada

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 now available from the Microsoft Store, supports LTE on T-Mobile

Windows Phones

Microsoft's latest video shows off the Nokia Lumia 1020 with OneDrive and Instagram

Lumia 1020 new 'end of life date' and what it all means for Microsoft

Lumia 1020 could hit End of Life status this September

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Take better shots with the Nokia Lumia 1020, captured in latest video

We've already seen Nokia announce the new Lumia 1020, as well as AT&T releasing details (and videos) on when we can all expect to see the new Windows Phone launch in the US. Nokia has now published the above video, showing off the camera capabilities of the handset with a sweet beat and awesome effects.

So, who's getting one?

Comments

blackhawk556 says:

When I click on "native" YouTube option to watch video, it opens metro tube and doesn't play anything. Anyone else have this issue?

AMPed126 says:

When I press native, it opens up YouTube lol

Fellipe Abib says:

Same for me...
Youtube open in Youtube, native open in Youtube and metrotube open in Youtube...
No i'm not touching wrong..
Mine is lumia 920

markk132 says:

i'm having similar issues watching videos.  for me, any option i choose launched metrotube, and it almost never actually plays the video.  i have a Lumia 928

Jay Bennett says:

Are you choosing youtube app and then metro tube? Or metrotube app on the first popup box?

blackhawk556 says:

I'm choosing native in the middle but metro tube opens. I click on metro and the video opens fine. I haven't clicked on "YouTube".

KKRLessey says:

It gives me both options but both work

Jay Bennett says:

Means that our little youtube hack didn't work so it's fallen back on the apps. The metro tube option in that list not working is a bug I've passed on to them :)

blackhawk556 says:

When I click on metro tube it opens it fine. When I click on native, it also opens metro tube but the video doesn't play. 920

Jay Bennett says:

Yep I know about that and reported the bug to Metrotube, but we're looking at a way around it as well

rockstarzzz says:

+1 - you get this when you don't have a native youtube installed.

Rem97 says:

No options work for me. I press metro tube and it doesn't open neither does the youtube app. When i press native it opens metro tube and youtube app options. When i press any of them they still don't play. So i just open the article in the browser.

rajkumr says:

Me! I am getting one, as soon as it is available unlocked internationally!

SACRIFICE_84 says:

After watching this Awesome is the only word that comes to mouth..

Verkunder says:

Can't play this through speakers to check for the song, anyone know who it is?

Xaphoon148 says:

Any chance to see a full resolution sample picture from this beast, Rich? (the beast phone that is...)

If only this camera could make phone calls, I could get rid of my cell phone

rockstarzzz says:

Is this heavier than 920?

Gurggles says:

Nokiausa shows that it ways almost 30 grams lighter. But that's with no wireless charging built in.

rockstarzzz says:

That's such a good design! However am so addicted to wireless charging I may not like any phone without it :(

raakile says:

You can get a wireless charging cover for it.

Gurggles says:

I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a while...damn 920!

tissotti says:

Don't worry, there will be plenty of new WP handsets by the time you will be eligible.

1101x10 says:

Looks like an amazing phone but I wonder how many people really care about a 41MP camera. If you look at the reviews for the Camera360 app they are almost all "this is amazing - it's replaced the default camera for me" even though that app only outputs images in 3MP. Either people don't realize or that's acceptable to them as they are only sharing online. Obviously there is a market for a high quality camera phone but it's maybe not a big as Nokia would like it to be. Getting the official Instagram for Windows phone would be a bigger deal.

devize says:

Well for me, I see it as finally a spec that trumps both android and iOS. People seem to like having the biggest this, the most that etc. so blowing the competition out of the water with a camera like this can only help boost WP and Nokia sales.

tissotti says:

You are right, but what Nokia has essentially brought out here is a totally new segment of phones.
Also by the popularity of Instagram and the likes, people clearly like to play with their pictures and that's what i think is the hook of Lumia 1020. Something they very well showed on the demos.
it goes much further than filters, there's some real benefits to the customers on the hardware level that can't be replicated on software. In short the play value is pretty astonishing on this one and Nokia needs to make that message clear.

WP7_Genius says:

One camera to rule them all......man I need this phone...

buggyglint says:

Loving the look of the 1020, I also dig this groovy tune.

CronGM says:

Holy s*** I think I'm in love. Suddenly mi 920 doesn't look so hot anymore. :(

Is the Nokia lettering around the sensor black or chrome like during the presentation?

Tyradius says:

It used to just play without doing anything, hit video and it asked for SD or HD playback then it played. Now it asks for a player, I select any of them it would tell me to go to the app store and download an app, even though I had YouTube HD installed. I uninstalled it and installed metro tube, now it works when I hit metro tube, haven't tried the other two.

PrivateJoker says:

Great little presentation for a big phone!

Will the 1020 be for Verizon?

glassadam says:

Want this phone so bad. Love my 920 and all, but... Y'know, this would've been handy while walking around the Taste of Chicago yesterday, had to carry my Nex C3 with me. It's not a large camera but one device instead of two would be ideal for the type of photos I'm capable of taking (as in, I'm not that great). :)