Exclusive Interview

Xbox Music and a new beginning on Windows Phone 8.1

Editorials

Beats Music and Spotify versus Xbox Music

Editorials

Xbox Video and Music are getting 'streamlined' says Nadella

Xbox Music and Video updated for Windows Phone with fixes and speed improvements

MusikPlayer is a simple and minimalist Xbox Music alternative for Windows Phone 8.1

Editorials

5 ways Microsoft can make Xbox Music even better

Xbox

PSA: Xbox Live connectivity issues affecting Xbox 360 and Xbox One; Netflix and Twitch also down

Developers

Microsoft opens Xbox Music to all developers with full access to catalog, streaming and more

Xbox

PSA: Xbox Live currently experiencing issues, impacts Xbox One and Xbox Music

Latest Xbox Music update ditches initial song search for improved speed

Move over Xbox Music as Muzik Player for Windows Phone 8.1 is here

Editorials

iOS App Store vs Windows Phone Store in 2014 – How do they compare?

Tell T-Mobile you want to set Xbox Music free by voting

Xbox Music and Xbox Video updated for Windows Phone

Microsoft aware of Xbox Music streaming issues on Windows Phones, has implemented a fix

Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8.1 picks up first update for June, brings transparent Live tile

Next Xbox Music update for Windows Phone 8.1 delayed until next week

Nokia Windows Phone apps are now published under 'Microsoft Mobile Oy'

Windows Phones

The journey of the Windows Phone platform and state of the ecosystem

Microsoft launches official #wpdev Windows Phone 8 app for developers

PSA: Xbox Music down for some, giving out error code 803a00c0

Xbox Music Error Code 803a00c

We all know that feeling. You read about an awesome app on Windows Phone Central and go to download only to see the Windows Phone Store throw up some error right in your face. You want to rage and throw your phone at a wall, but you don’t. And sometimes it’s not an app you want, but a new song or album and well you know where we’re going with this. Yup, Xbox Music isn’t working for some folks. Details after the break.

A little bit ago one of you tipped us about the Store giving out our favorite error – c101b000. On the team here I was the only one seeing it, but as of now the Store seems to be working for both the reader and myself. But Xbox Music is acting a fool. We tried streaming some music on our devices, but we’re getting error code 803a00c0. Lame.

Right now, over at the Xbox site, the status for Xbox Music and Video has a big orange exclamation mark. What that means is some users may experience difficulties with the following services:

You might be unable to browse, stream, download, or buy things at the Xbox Music and Video Store (also known as “Zune Marketplace”)

The issue is affecting the following Live platforms: Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox 360 Console, Xbox.com, and the Zune PC client. A messaged dated at 2:01 PM PDT states:

"Hi friends! We're aware some of you are experiencing issues purchasing things on the Xbox Music and Video Marketplace. Thanks for your patience while we work to find a solution! Check back here in 30 minutes for an updated message."

Be sure to let us know if you’re having errors either downloading apps in the Store or with Xbox Music. List your device, region/market, and what services you’re having issues with.

Thanks everybody for sending this in.

Source: Xbox Live Status

Comments

explosive0 says:

These outages are starting to get way too frequent. Ugh.

rodneyej says:

I've been noticing it on WiFi..

carlosrdd says:

Yea music been acting up since last night so has the WiFi on L920. Nokia help!!!

Agreed, I can never recall a time that I was unable to download apps or music for my iOS devices. What's worse than the error itself is the fact it can only affect certain users. It is amazing how this can happen AND happen on a regular basis!

Got the error earlier, but I just updated several apps. Now Redbox saves my email address for easier login. Thank God.

dbld_INDY says:

Is it to late to whine about the fact Zune is dead. ;-) again...

pookiewood says:

Never too late for that!!  On a good note I bought a 620 to replace my beloved Zune HD due to MS halting Zune purchases!!!. ;)

donebrasko says:

I'm using a Samsung Focus as my "Zune" do u think I could still stream music from Xbox in my 928?

penetronn says:

May actually be an improvement..

Laura Knotek says:

I don't use Xbox Music, but the Windows Phone Store is down. I got 5 updates, but none will install.

Sam Sabri says:

Bummer. The Store error lasted about an hour for me.

dlnorton2014 says:

My entire Windows Phone Store is down, too. Wow, how irritating.

caesar500 says:

Right. Apparently, I have an update for thus app, but I can't install it. What gives?

Eas195 says:

I have no issues with the Store recently, and I've just updated an app. It looks like the Store has been 'cured' from the 'curse'.

mattdunn says:

when my zune music pass account transfered to xbox music and i upgraded to the 920 i alwaays get this on my music that i downloaded

mattdunn says:

also, just downloaded music and updated my apps fine, ATT 920 in cali, usa

mprebich says:

Think this is a bummer? How about not being able to purchase apps for three months! Traveling out of ur phone's MS account region, bans u from purchasing. But even after returning, still doesn't work. WPsupport can figure out a solution. Strange thing I was able to purchase two apps and then stopped working , left US arrived in Phils intermittently able to purchase one app, then not working. Never able to purchase when traveling outside either those regions.

Anyone else experience similar issues?

Zeroplanetz says:

Have you tried changing your region settings?

mprebich says:

Yes, many times.  Also, three hard resets tying everything WP chat support suggested.  They finally in the third month admitted there is a backend problem, but they can't fix it.
I am set up as US region because i want the US availability, all my payment methods are US based, etc.  I have no issue if it won't work when i leave the US. But it doesn't work upon return to US, works intermittently, and even still worked once when ouside the US. The WP app store and MS accounts system has significnt problems that MS can't fix. I am not the only one experiencing this.
Vey poor ecosystem experience for me. I have desktops, a Surface, an Xbox, and 4 family WP8 phones, and I CANNOT RECOMMEND WP8 to anyone.  At least anyone who travels outside the US.

Zeroplanetz says:

Well good sir I have not had any issues like that. Nor has anyone I know with a windows device. But seeing as how it can't be resolved I would think you could get a new phone?

XboxOmac says:

I haven't had this problem, either. I've gone out of the US, and I have been able to do everything that I normally do when in the US. (Just the higher costs to calls and texts.)

BootsMcGavin says:

I'm getting error code 80151200 whenever I try to buy an album, but I can dowload apps just fine... Started yesterday when I switched from the 920 to the 1020... My Xbox Music purchases that should be in the cloud are also not showing up since the switch. I thought it had to do with switching, but maybe not, although the error code I'm getting isn't the same as reported... Hmm.

I'm getting the error and am unable to play my locally stored music pass content as well. "unable to verify media usage rights"...