Xbox LIVE for Windows Phone

Xbox Live could be ditching the Gold requirement for Netflix, Hulu

Xbox Live sign-in disrupted for some Xbox One users

Microsoft announces Xbox Live Gold Rush program in select Asian countries

Games

Xbox Live puzzle game Hexic arrives on Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices

Xbox

Xbox Live core services down, some users unable to sign into Xbox Live on the Xbox One [Update]

Xbox

Microsoft may be shopping your Xbox Live data for targeted political ads

Editorials

Microsoft could ease the mobile Xbox Live certification process, and why that needs to happen

Microsoft creating ‘open source’ framework for gaming, formed a new team for iOS, Windows Phone and Android

Xbox One has its UK price slashed to £399; bundled with Titanfall

Games

Rayman Fiesta Run now available to all on Xbox Live for Windows Phone! [Updated]

Xbox

Game online for less with Dell's 12-month Xbox Live subscription offer (US)

Free Xbox Live Gold this weekend for US and Canada

Xbox

Microsoft teams up with Bonnaroo to stream the thirteenth annual music festival live to your Xbox

Microsoft reports slight Xbox Live outage affecting Xbox One social services

Free Windows Phone avatar prop for Xbox 360 owners

The Xbox 360 is a great place to advertise Windows Phone 7 as the phone’s Xbox Live features are designed to appeal to console gamers. Now gamers can learn about Windows Phone and get a free avatar prop for their trouble.

Here’s what to do:

• On the Xbox 360, switch to the Inside Xbox section of the dashboard.
  •  Find the tile that reads: Get a free Windows Phone for your avatar/Your avatar is the special guest on Hot Apps with Laura Foy (it’s marked as an Advertisement).
  • Watch the video and then…
  • You’ll see a zoomed-in view of a Windows Phone. Navigate the cursor to the “Keep the phone!” tile. Click it and download the avatar prop.

That’s it! Have your avatar call my avatar. We’ll go out for ice cream.

Comments

The Wee Bear says:

US only of course Grrrrrrr

jc0196 says:

damn, y not global :(

Non-global. What a pile of dross.

wetworker says:

Not working for me. Toronto-Canada. :(

Nataku4ca says:

danm it, im in BCi guess i won't bother go trying

Los says:

got mine =)

ar8989 says:

Not in the UK, damn it :/

jfa1 says:

It will get to UK and ROW later hopefully sooner rather than too much later. Maybe faster than the security update for ATT phones>

fpostrow says:

Pickin' up 1 for each family member as we speak.... real phones in a few weeks.

kaw203 says:

Not in UK what a surprise, these things never are

densbucs says:

It would be cool if they would add the 'I heart Windows Phone' shirt for your avatar.

I have to admit, that was awesome and funny. Not sure what took them so long to do such a trick, but it's such a good idea.And yeah, a 'I heart Windows Phone' shirt would be brilliant.

erazor84 says:

not in austria ;(

yosagojimbo says:

another fine example of MS not acknowledging anywhere outside the US. (getting annoying at the lack of support, even here in UK)

tyrok says:

This was actually in the Spotlight section not the Inside Xbox section when I went to look for it.

zuner@heart says:

Where exactly was it?

zuner@heart says:

I can't find it! It's not anywhere to be found on my system!

zuner@heart says:

It's not in COLORADO, either, I guess!

ymala1 says:

Seriously? Digital accessories for my digital avatar, created by Microsoft, promoting their product is region locked??

spyderdan56 says:

i downloaded it, but can't find it in the Avatar Store. I looked under "Props" , but didn't see it,....so where is it?

wheelerk says:

Same here, I downloaded it, but can't find it. I doesn't give me the option to wear it.

celeookie says:

I haven't been able to find it at all, where is it? I'm in the US (Tx), so I know it should be there...

TreizFaction says:

I got mine in TX (USA)

oldpueblo says:

There's more to it I think, or its really finicky. I got one for myself this morning and added it fine (props I think) and now just went to do it for my son on the same xbox and my wife on the second xbox and can't find it anywhere.

Loxias says:

I had to change my programming from Family to Standard for the video/tile to show. Check that out if you aren't finding it.

dudeman456 says:

Part of the reason the phone is not availible in order regions, might have something to with the phone being demo on the Xbox is a Sprint Arrive. Sprint being a U.S. company, maybe they will change the Sprint since carriers around the world have the same(8GB thought instead of 16GB) phone, or maybe use a different phone for the demo.

DavidinCT says:

Is this available via the Xbox Extras on WIndows phone 7 ? (where you can customize you avatar)

litepink says:

You have to actually GET the prop first from the Xbox 360 dashboard. Once acquired, you can add or remove it with your Extras app.

Glitch3982 says:

I finally get it to show 5th or 6th under Spotlight (may have to sign in/out and restart multiple times) and then click it, shows a loading circle, then redirects me back with nothing!

oldpueblo says:

Found a possible reason, it may only be one per xbox live account including family accounts. It was nowhere to be found on my wife's account, but I happened to move her off the family account to her own and then it showed up.

PineappleJoe says:

Anyone outside the US after this prop?Follow my simple guide! Firstly set up a us account, this sounds complicated but it really isn't. Head over to microsft.com and set up a new hotmail account, putting US as your location and filling in the rest of the details however you like (You need a zip code but they are easy to find in google) then switch on your xbox and go to "switch profile" then set up a new account using the details you just set up an account with. Using this account you should now have the american dashboard up. Take a second controller and sign into your account (the one you want to get the phone for) now use your first account to search the spotlight feed for the windows 7 phone tile, click into it and watch any of the videos (I chose the xbox games tile) then there will be a tile that says "Keep the phone" !IMPORTANT! Now sign out of the american account on that controller and use your regular account to click "keep the phone" and it will come up with the usual screen for downloading avatar items. Click yes and it will download and you should now be able to find it in your avatar's "Prop" section.Hurrah! Hopefully you should now have a phone! I'm in the UK and this worked for me, feel free to hold onto the us account to get some nice promos / gamerpics or delete it straight after, your choice!(Not sure if any of the admins want to put this in the main article or front page it as a fair few people seem to be after one)

K1NJO says:

Anyone know if this is still available?