lumia cyan

Lumia Cyan update rolls out on Canadian Lumia 625

Lumia 625 on Telcel in Mexico receiving Lumia Cyan

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

WPCentral News

Swing by the forums if your Lumia 925 or Lumia 625 grabbed the Lumia Cyan update

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Nokia Lumia 625 available at Carphone Warehouse for just £79.95

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Nokia Lumia 625 Specifications

Full specs for the Nokia Lumia 625 leak ahead of big unveil tomorrow

There’s a big Nokia event happening tomorrow. It also happens to be that we’ve been seeing leaks over the past week of a big, 4.7-inch Nokia Lumia 625. The cat is out of the bag, the full specs have been released online showing off what we’ve suspected to be an entry-level smartphone.

If you check out the teaser image from big Nokia event post you’ll notice the Nokia logo set against a red background. That looks very much like the device in the picture above. Anyways, here are the highlights in the spec sheet for the Nokia Lumia 625 running Windows Phone 8. Click on the image above to see the rest.

Key features

• Big 4.7” LCD screen and lightning fast internet speeds with 4G for a bigger, better, faster smartphone experience.
  • Unique semi-transparent design with changeable shells in 5 exciting colors.
  • Have fun with your pictures, anytime, anywhere with Nokia Smart Camera and Cinemegraph
  • Leading experiences from Nokia apps include maps and navigation from HERE, plus free Nokia Music streaming

Colors

• Orange, bright green, yellow, white, and black

Networks

• GSM 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
  • WCDMA 2100 MHz, 850MHz, 900 MHZ
  • LTE 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz) 20 (800 MHz)

Storage/Memory

• 512 MB of RAM
  • 8GB of internal memory
  • 7GB of SkyDrive cloud storage
  • MicroSD support up to 64GB

Display

• 4.7-inch IPS LCD WVGA (800x480)
  • 201 ppi
  • 2.25 D curved glass
  • Brightness controls and color boosting
  • Corning Gorilla Glass 2
  • High brightness mode / Sunlight readability enhancements
  • Lumia color profile
  • Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage

Processor

• 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM 8930)

Camera

• Main - 5 MP sensor with LED Flash, 1080p video at 30fps, Front facing VGA camera

Connectivity

• USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, WLAN IEE 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS and Glonass, 3.5 mm audio connector

Misc.

• 2000mAh integrated battery
  • 133.25 x 72.25 x 9.15 mm
  • 159g

On paper this doesn’t look like a bad device at all for first-time smartphone buyers wanting a larger screen. Sure you can lament the lack of HD display, but this thing is presumably going to be pretty inexpensive.

We’ll be sure to bring you some hands on tomorrow if this is indeed the device we see.

Source: Puhelinvertailu Via: WMPU

Comments

jfreiman says:

I don't see what the "big" fuss is about. The screen is not much bigger than the 920, 925, 928 and 1020.
Big screen, low specs, low price point? Hmmm.....
I think the launch of the 625 could have been made with a lot less fanfare. :/
(Samsung Ativ S has a 720p, 4.8" screen)

Duduosf says:

I was really hoping Nokia would come up with a tablet, but I kinda saw this coming... Oh well, I'm happy enough with my 925

jwdaigle says:

I'm a bit curious how Nokia is doing the numbering scheme. Just prior to the 625, I had thought 5xx==lowend super cheap no frills budget, 7xx==midrange, the phone for people that don't want absolute lowest cost, 9xx==gotta have the best or geek status phone.
I had wondered if the "even #s" 6xx/8xx were to be de-emphasized/killed.
Are the trying to wedge in a few more levels? Or is the 625 basically a low budget big screen phone ?

MrHeckles85 says:

"Or is the 625 basically a low budget big screen phone ?" - yes.
It is called 625 because 630 is reserved for the next generation, i guess.

joeynox says:

512 ram only hurts the consumer. The standard should be 1gig.

rmichael75 says:

why?. because you are spoilt by gigs?

BTW 1020 has the 2 GB and 41 MP camera and pple still crib.

1gb ram only hurts the consumer. The standard should be 2gig.

Lo/mid-range phone gets SD card expansion but top-of-the-line $700 phone gets short end of the stick. I'll say this once to Nokia: WTF!!!!!!

This phone looks pretty good. Nice that they are offering such a large screen on a device that will be a lot cheaper than the flagships. I'm also impressed that there's a 2000 mAh battery included. Not too shabby at all.

boovish says:

I TOTALLY CALLED IT

mister2d says:

Yes you did, and I silently didn't believe you.

Kudos.

Just goes to prove we should listen to you more. What is your next call sir?

boovish says:

Read my comment on the announcement

Quhi says:

I think that the starting price will be around 350$ in USA but will drop very fast. Maybe it will be 300 but I don't want to be too optimistic :D

rodneyej says:

So, we are sure now that the Lumia 930, 935, and 938 will have

He's playing with us. I am going to lose sleep over it now. WHAT WILL THEY HAVE!?!?!?&%$#@!?!?

Too many identical devices. Now i cant tell apart 6xx and 7xx . Same specs, almost same price as well. Im sure next 7xx will have Lte, big screen. Just wonder, maybe it's almost as good as 8xx if they use 1gb ram, so they just differentiate series by ram. Man i cant guess what specs the next 7xx could be!

superriz says:

I just wish a 720(725) with 1gigs of RAM at the price 720 was first launched. That would be a sweet sweet deal for any market.

Beshoy Hanna says:

Now we need a high end phone with a small sized screen (to stick it to the One Mini and Sony/Apple fans out there)

asemi says:

What does "integrated battery" mean? Non user replaceable?

WebprojectX says:

So 1080p video?? could my 620 get that too??

sumton says:

where is my BLUE COLOR :(

Why no clear black display feature like L620 ?

sumton says:

its a great phone with affordable price i say this phone going to be a hit for people who want big screen wp with cheap price

ruisolid says:

Here in Brazil would be perfect if it was compatible wih dual-chip function.
Well let's see the price.

myjota says:

Big for video super choice

Jabid21 says:

Looks like no WCDMA or LTE love for United States.

hasopinions says:

If this is more than $199, it's a bad deal.
512MB means thrashing when loading more complex desktop sites, a problem I have with my Lumia 521.
800x480 on a 4.7" screen is kind of downie.

Nokia needs a solid mid-tier phone with an average camera, around $299-$350 price point.
1280x768, 4.5", 1GB, LTE

RenatoFontes says:

Yay for Nokia. Hooray for bringing more confussion into the marketplace. =)

irsyadhhs says:

Some worse than 620. The rest is much better. Gorilla glass2 curved, aupersensitive, radio, 2000mah, 4,7", 4G.

I have 620 and going confused now

dajoka says:

God just got myself a 920 :(((((

lubbalots says:

That's the big news? Got me all excited for nothing. Device good for the emerging market and the budget conscious.

And so surely that makes this "big news" for them...no...? Why would "big news" need to be about a higher end device...? Frankly most of us who are on a budget didnt complain when the 9xx and 1020 were announced because we saw them as WP for people with a bit bigger budget. So now, don't trash talk on a blog about a budget phone just cos its not news which is perhaps relevant to yourself.

lubbalots says:

The word "big" gives me the impression of something innovative, something bold. Sure the 625 is big but not innovative nor bold. Could have just said something "new" instead.

It's a pretty big phone.

Sounds pretty much exactly what I expected when they teased a larger device weeks (months?) ago so all good!

<Insert comment about lack of a cyan cover option here. Really annoyed Nokia seem to be ditching that colour or making it an exclusive. As nice as the yellow and red look, I've never felt I had a phone so personal to me until I had a cyan Lumia 900 and the lack of an upgrade path (unless it's a 520 (too low specced) or 620 (too small)) is a real shame.>

Otherwise, this sounds like a great phone! If it's the same price as the 620 (around £150 on PAYG in the UK) then it'll be a winner. Perfect for people who don't have lots of a money but still want a big phone and also perfect for older folks who need a bigger screen but don't need all the bells and whistle that come with high-end devices. If my parent's Lumia 710s ever break, this would be the perfect option for them.

201ppi is NOT crap, lol! Most laptops and desktop monitors don't even reach 140ppi and they're fine. Also, the HTC Titan had this exact screen size and resolution almost two years ago (It's crazy how ahead of the times HTC used to be, had a 16MP camera too iirc) and it actually looked fine. Obviously 300ppi is great, and I would prefer that in my phones now that I've had it on my 8X, but it's not really a deal breaker for most people.

This isn't a phone for people who want high-end so to compare it to a 720p or 1080p screen of the same size isn't fair.

israelflu says:

I disagree with the screen resolution. 4.7" it's a big screen to have only 800x480. I belive 800x480 it is good in screen until 4".  A 1280x768 suits better in this size of screen. Nokia Why not 1Gb of Ram?

And are you going to pay the manufacturers all the millions it will take to add in the features you listed so as to keep the price down for the budget consumer....?

If it gets more units shifted from a PAYG perspective, more WP users on board, Nokia's profile raised.. How can any of this be bad?

Some people think everything released has to drip tech juice everywhere and miss the bigger picture.

MikeSo says:

I just wish it had 1 GB of RAM, but other than that this seems like a perfect midrange phone.

Toink says:

This is a good phone for my Mum! I'm pretty sure she'll appreciate that big, super-sensitive screen :)

Gunbust3r says:

People are starting to wake up. $700 phones are not a sustainable market.

lippidp says:

OK, Nokia, you've released another goddam slab, but with a big goddam screen. Now how about just one muthafucken device with a keyboard FFS? Holy sweet Jesus my patience is running out. LOL!!! Well, let's wait until after the other storage debacle has gone the way of the disappearing keyboard bug first...

crazygonzo says:

Big mid range phone but it's really a huge jump in display if that's true, 4.1" or 4.2" inch would make more sense compared to Lumia 620 because there needs to be phone with a normal size of the screen in the lineup. So what are the expactations for 525, 725, 825 ? 4.3", 4.5", 4.7" ?
Also - the design is nice for the Lumia devices but am I the only one that (after 10 similar models) wants to see it tweaked a bit ? Time for a jump to 550, 650 etc. (or 777, 888, 999).

ltjordan24 says:

With the 52x devices selling so well, this one should be another hit with that huge screen and a low price point. Between this and the 1020, Nokia is making all the headlines lately.

With the detachable backs, I wonder if it'll have a wireless charging accessory?

SACRIFICE_84 says:

If price nearly to Galaxy Grand or Duos(which is selling like a hot cake in india) then this big wiill be big win for nokia..

Changeable cases? Hope Nokia keep their word on this one and release those cases with phone. Still waiting for the cases to be released for my L620 here in India.

Oakdale Dude says:

Nokia is in dire need to create bonafide branding for it's Lumia line because people still to this day associate Nokia with Trac-Phones sold at 7-11 and as the preferred cell phone amongst terrorists and drug dealers.

The only way to create a brand is to get the product in as many hands as possible.

When that happens, CNET, BGR, Endgadget and the rest of the internet tech fishwraps will no longer be able to continue ignoring it.

You can't create a domino effect without knocking down that first domino

As someone pointed out , Samsung has been more in the news in India atleast for the Galaxy Grand rather than S4 and this phone priced competitively will give the Grand some trouble ...
For those moaning on display parameters , Grand has a 5 inch screen with 187 dpi whereas 625 is a 4.7 inch with 201 dpi ...
on the other hand ... this has slightly made it more confusing when choosing against a 720 ... 720 obviously has a much better camera, wireless charging  ... but a smaller screen , less powerful processor ... hmmm ... and considering that the price of a 720 is slightly lesser than galaxy grand ... where would the pricing of this be ?

People are forgetting something else, that is BIG! This phone is released now in August 2013(it will reach all markets by this time) and Windows will release 8 Blue in the begining of 2014, which will have 1 year support. So you'll have a brand new phone with one and a half year support?because of the budget specs it won't support next Windows after blue. Thats too little time. It will be exactly like users who bought WP 7 at the end cycle, they have almost no support, most of them are still crying on forums.

Kallisticker says:

But as long as their apps are still working, most people won't care about the OS version number. I'm not a heavy app user, but the ones I really use are available on both WP7 and WP8, so there's not that much difference picking up my Lumia 800 or 720. App wise they do exactly the same job. It's not all about support from MSFT/ Nokia but also about app developer support.

EvoFxStudio says:

it is a windows 7.5 phone with windows 8 on it
why does microsoft not upgrade lumia 800 and 900 phones to

the phone has the same 5MP camera seen on Lumia 620,720 etc.?
the picture quality is given same, still Video is 1080P!

The SOC(CPU + GPU) supports 1080p but the camera is the same bad one.

*512MB - No games
*8GB - no free space
*no hd and 4.7" screen - ugly high size screen
= trash²
I've spent  $400 on my L620 and  feel stolen by Nokia...

chunky2055 says:

1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 and 512MB RAm, 4G and expected price tag of 17000INR ( 280$) . This thing gonna be a sure hit after 520 and 720 in emmerging markets like india. i think i m gonna get one for my young brother.  and the fact ,512MB is good enough for 99% of apps makes it a real good deal.

Pages