The State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest banking and financial services company in country, owned by the government. We've received a handful of reports that the bank has released a Windows Phone app, enabling customers to perform mobile banking while out and about on their Windows Phones. The usual features are present, including balance enquiries, the transfer of funds and paying bills.
Aptly named Freedom, this Windows Phone app is a must-have if you hold an account and desire some degree of control when not at a desktop computer.
To get started with SBI and to use their app, a registration process is available, which includes setting up MPINs and activating through an ATM and a local branch for peace of mind regarding account security - wouldn't want just anyone accessing your account, would we? It's a good looking app and we're sure many will find it useful.
Here's a quick list of features highlighted on the store listing:
- Funds transfer (within SBI or other Bank's account)
- Immediate Mobile Payment Services (IMPS) : Fund Transfer, Merchant Payments 24 x 7
- Enquiry Services (Balance Enquiry / Mini statement)
- Cheque Book request
- Demat Account Enquiry
- Bill Payments (Utility bills, Credit Cards, Insurance premium), Donations, Subscriptions
- Mobile Top up
- M-Commerce (DTH Recharge of Tatasky, BigTV, SunDirect, DishTV, DigitalTV and Videocon d2h connections, SBI Life insurance premium, etc.)
- Booking of train tickets over the IRCTC portal through IMPS
You can download State Bank Freedom from the Windows Phone Store. Thanks to vikrant6 and Ayush for the tips!