New Microsoft Store locations revealead

Microsoft to keep adding retail store locations even with restructuring

Xbox

Destiny beta event to be held at Microsoft's San Diego store Wednesday

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 now available from the Microsoft Store, supports LTE on T-Mobile

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Microsoft will open its 100th retail store Saturday ... sort of

Windows Phones

Microsoft won't charge people who pre-ordered Lumia 635 from its store site

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Surface

Microsoft will give you $650 to trade your MacBook Air for a Surface Pro 3

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Surface

Surface Pro 3 128 GB ship date pushed back by 10 days for new orders

Deal Alert: Nokia Luna Bluetooth Headset now under $20 at the Microsoft Store (US)

Nokia Luna on sale at Microsoft

If you're looking for a neat Bluetooth headset for your Windows Phone, the Nokia Luna Headset should be on your short list. Especially seeing that the Microsoft Store is offering the Luna for $19.99 (regularly $59.99).

The Luna features a unique cradle that doubles as a charging base and portable charger. When docked, the Luna's maximum standby time jumps from 35 hours to 60 days. Additionally, the Luna has NFC support to let you tap to pair the headset with your Windows Phone. Granted your Windows Phone needs to have NFC as well.

Sound quality is great, fit and feel is comfortable and the only downside to the deal may be that the Microsoft currently only has the Luna in green and magenta. We found the Luna to be a solid Bluetooth headset back when we reviewed it and the $20 price tag makes it all the more appealing.

You can find all the details on ordering the Nokia Luna Bluetooth Headset here at the Microsoft Store (hint: use that link on a PC, not your phone).

Thanks, Omkar, for the tip!

Comments

Rick Smits says:

It says "Product not available"

It's available. Don't try it from your phone, use a PC browser instead. For some reason that error happens.

Rick Smits says:

I just did, thanks daniel.

Do you know if its still available? I'm on my pc cant get it to load the page.

JC Jean says:

Weird. I bought with an iPad and it worked.

XboxOmac says:

It says product is not available... US.

Rick Smits says:

I was gonna buy it immediately too :(

Try on a PC. Working here just fine.

Mr. Tofu says:

Hey Dan, you got me this morning! Tell him to read the article! X)

I might have to dive in and get one now..

kingkoopa09 says:

They would be awesome if u could have two at a time and play like headphones its 2013 they'd be a hit if it were 2005 still

kingkoopa09 says:

I payed $50 for the wireless pantronics at WalMart

kingkoopa09 says:

How are they never seen in looking for some more, trying to sell my studio beats so I can get some Nokia purity pros but I want some in ear for running

I once saw a cat who was running down the street looking at a frog who was playing basketball with a horseshoe.

kingkoopa09 says:

I think I saw that cat this morning ran it over for purring to hard at my frog because he balling out with that horseshoe, before he went howling at the sun to get it rise

TechyMexican says:

now to remove that AT&T Logo...

GreenScrew says:

This! Literally cracked me up, made me laugh out loud. You're a funny man, Daniel Rubino!

JoRdaNeK says:

I don't think my wife loves me anymore

Weird color choices :/

MediaCastleX says:

Yeah, not a fan...would take them in White, Black or Cyan though. =[

I guess that is the reason they are running the deal to clear the inventory :|

blessthejon says:

Must buy magenta.

Welcome to America :|

rjmt512 says:

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Nokia Luna BH-220w (the one with wireless charging) as opposed to these, BH-220. I've been looking everywhere for them, but I can not find them anywhere They come in all the colors as the Lumia 920. From U.S. and cannot find a single U.S. vendor.

Surprised any of these are still available. This was posted on a deal site yesterday morning. MS must have a ton of these. All colors were available yesterday.

DiGzNY says:

What deal site?

westwaswon says:

Anyone know if this can this play music? I may ditch headphones and use this on my motorcycle.

No, they can't play music. Well... you could get the caller to sing to you or place their phone next to a speaker.

davortsan says:

I would like to know why theses offers are only for US. There are a lot people in other countries that are Windows Phone users. -.-"

TechAbstract says:

Maybe limited quanity

davortsan says:

I hope the quantity won't be the reason, because all the people of the world should have the same opportunity :)

Tafkas373 says:

Shipping costs? Different legal systems and requirements?

davortsan says:

If I buy this item and I pay the shipping cost, it will be cheaper for me :) legal system? Yes, maybe but ... I think nowadays this issue should change because it's a obstacle to buy by internet.

killer rin says:

Most of the reason is the legal system. Almost every country on the face of the planet has different standards when it comes to products, especially technology.

hink3000 says:

Great deal if I didn't hate it. Had one and never could get it to fit right in my ear. It kept falling out. I had a hard time locating the buttons too.

jusatin says:

It works from my phone, but I guess there isn't any way to order these to Finland?

hink3000 says:

If you want an awesome set. Look at the LG HBS-730. I absolutely love mine. Phone calls, speech to text, texts to speech, awesome sound, Bluetooth..

kingkoopa09 says:

LG are too big for me the battery life is nice but after comparing I like my pantronics better, just big enough yo fit around head yet I can stuff them in the little pocket of my pants, the LG too bulky for me

ebradley says:

Anyone have suggestions for stereo Bluetooth in ear type?

kingkoopa09 says:

Daniel says turtles, I have a set of pantronics pretty good value with mix and sweat proof I love em for my morning jogs

Xsled says:

I love the LG Tones.

hink3000 says:

LG HBS-730. Awesome!!!! Search Amazon. I had one already and then went to a Verizon store, every employee had one on. I asked of it was part of their uniform, they said no, everyone just loves them.

jgbstetson says:

3x points for SWA Rapid Rewards Visa

pmartineau says:

Got mine in green!

enzom09 says:

Purchased and then cancelled when I realized it doesn't play music...

redzinc says:

comon man.. find a good bluetooth for this price with good charger. i spend 25$ for crappy samsung bluetooth. this is good deal

udupa1982 says:

I was hoping for cyan, i have cyan l920, bought nokia purityHD.. I would have bought it only of there was cyan. :'(

eddieDOTexe says:

God damm it I just bought a Samsung one

eddieDOTexe says:

Its ok I bought two anyways.

diplomat696 says:

I own one of these and was seriously disappointed with it. The one I purchased has no ability to play music, battery life is not good any more (have owned for less than a year but not much less) and the recharge from base thing never really worked as advertised. Love my Lumia 920 and wife has a 900 but was not impressed with this headset. Just my 2 cents. Edit: purchased jawbone era very happy with it.

benners76 says:

Done and done. What a deal! A buddy of mine absolutely loves his Luna! He didn't pay $20 for his. =)

Jazmac says:

With those colors, you don't have to worry about losing it by misplacing it or by theft. lol.  I'm tempted to grab one just because its Nokia but it wouldn't go with any shirt I own.  lol.

Jazmac says:

With those colors, you don't have to worry about losing it by misplacing it or by theft. lol.  I'm tempted to grab one just because its Nokia but it wouldn't go with any shirt I own.  :)

doraemon_918 says:

Thanks for the tip! I just bought one, too bad there are only magenta and green left >_

Troyseph says:

I just picked up a magenta one for the wife.  Thanks for the tip!

OSean says:

If it was the wireless ones I would have bought them. Good deal tho.

mohmia says:

Thanks George for the tip! Just completed the order. Don't know if I badly need a headset... but you can't go wrong for $20. As a heavy Nokia investor, I'm buying back my own product I guess :-)

onysi says:

Does this work with other phones? I have the dvp

Colby Lee says:

Good deal, bad colors. I was hoping to snag a yellow...oh well.

JudgeHolden says:

I'd like to buy it, but:
"This web site ( go.redirectingat.com ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the corporate network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware."

I get the need for redirects, but man, do I hate redirects...

DarkKrystof says:

Thought seriously about getting one, but no music support is a deal breaker for me. Great bargain though. I'll stick with my old BlueAnt Q2 for now.

ade333 says:

Is there anyway to use voice commands with this? I'd like to have my phone on my dashboard use this (or any headset) without having to touch the phone. To be specific, what I would like to be able to do is initiate calls, and start Here Drive input and address and start navogation

norville2 says:

All sold.......

MPickles says:

I recently purchased one.  Pretty cool looking.  One would never know it's a headset without removing the earpiece.  I can't et my Luna to connect to the Nokia Lumia 920. I've tried all kinds of ways.  Really would love it if it worked.  Looks like it loses its charge very quickly.  Maybe I have a defective unit.  Nokia support has yet to respond to my inquiry.

vbestic says:

Too bad it's only for US :/

WebColin70 says:

I have the Luna headset, green from Amazon (it was the cheapest color, which may relate to this promo - trying to clear out inventory?).

Anyway, it works great (sort-of, read on).

The charging station can be unplugged or lose power and can still recharge the earpiece 2-3 times from completely drained. It must have its own battery, though I don't see this promoted much. They do mention wireless charging, which I think people assume relates to the Qi charging, but that's not it at all. It's just that the base can hold a charge and recharge the earpiece without plugging it in. This is also how they get to the total talk time of 6-8 hours -- that's really ~2 hours, with 3+ recharges in the base. This is perfect for commute-length trips in the car -- 2 hours is plenty of talk time and when I leave my car, even with the ignition off, it still recharges in the base. And while I'm driving and talking on the earpiece, the base is still plugged in and charging.

However, people on the other end don't get very good audio. It's scratchy -- loud enough, just extra static and distortion. My wife says it hurts her ear when I try to talk with her on it. I've done tests and the audio at the other end is definitely not as good as the built in microphone in my Lumia 928 or my other BlueTooth headsets. It even sounds clearer at the other end if I put my phone on speakerphone (assuming my mouth is under 3' away from the phone) vs. the Luna. Sounds great at my end though. I've tried different angles in my ear, and even just holding it right in front of my mouth, but the audio problems remained.

Has anyone else actually used one and had this experience or did it work well on both ends for you? Maybe I have a slightly-defective unit, or all they all like this?