Enjoy free Hulu Plus access on your Xbox 360 for this weekend only

The Awesomes 2

For this weekend only, Xbox 360 owners will be able to access Hulu Plus for free through until Sunday, August 4th. If you're not familiar with the brand, the service enables you to watch TV and movies on consoles. If you're on your Xbox this weekend, you'll be able to enjoy unlimited instant streaming of top TV shows and movies on Xbox Live through Hulu Plus.

It's been a superb week for Xbox owners regarding entertainment. As well as the above, Microsoft has also unveiled a new free trial offer for the service. Signing up today will see you receive two months of Hulu Plus for free.

Source: Xbox News

Comments

gamo62 says:

They had a deal for free 2 month trial. Swing over to slickdeals.net for more info.

John20212 says:

with these deals you ussually need to enter your credit card and then cancel in time, just too much hassle

erzhik says:

How is that a hassle for 2 free months? You just log in and click "cancel subscription". You don't even need to call them.

Josh Harman says:

I agree, too much hassle and I never like giving my credit card information for something "free".

NH3MAN says:

I hear you.. But for me it is worth it and a great deal as well. We are behind on several shows and missed recording dozens of episodes. We have already watched 6-8 and should get them all in in the two free months however even if I don't cancel right away its only $8.00 a mo Bro, one MickyD meal... That's a deal considering they look to have just about every good TV show there is.

Josh Harman says:

I've never spent $8 at McDonalds, and like McDonalds, Hulu isn't a service I need/want enough to pay for. Might check it out this weekend though.

NH3MAN says:

Have you eaten at MickyD's lately? I remember when I was irritated to bust a fiver but here lately I can easily go over $7 if I upsize. Anyway my point is that if you consume movie and TV media Netflix and Hulu are very good deals imho at only $8 a month which is the cost of a fast food meal for many people. I can spend north of $30 for a meal out with my kids/wife one time or spend time with them catching up with TV shows all month for less than a third of that. Much better value I think.

Josh Harman says:

I hear ya, but like I said, its not worth it to me. I don't follow any television shows.

schlubadub says:

Wow... The burger alone is over $5 in Australia. You wouldn't get much change from $10 for a large meal (we don't have super-size). I prefer Hungry Jacks / Burger King though because they have the Aussie Burger (whopper with egg, beetroot, bacon)

ravi.tandon says:

That's why I have switched over my comparisons to Subway or Chipotle. Both serve what I like and their prices help me in sub 10$ decisions. However, even then I still don't have Hulu Plus or cable. I live off xbmc & paid internet ;)

Hanhua Yin says:

multiple ways of going around it if you don't want to provide your CC info:
1) use paypal. Hulu Plus does accept paypal. afterwards go to PayPal and take out the recurrent payment authorization in setting - my money (or something).
2) use a prepaid card. it does need to have some balance as i believe hulu will try to place a $1 temporary auth on it.
3) use a virtual credit card number. many banks and credit card companies offer this feature for free. afterwards void the virtual card number.
set up a reminder 2 months later to cancel it.

isi mcf says:

Is this good for silver members?
Give me a reason to hook my 360 up for a weekend

John20212 says:

Why not for Win8 app users?

Yabai says:

WPC has alot of international users. These kind of news should also mention what regions it is valid.

John20212 says:

Well, Hulu is a US only service.

R0bR says:

Doesn't mean you need to be in the US to watch it.

ravi.tandon says:

You have to be, all US services do IP region checks. People do US VPN in other countries but that is not simple for everyone and many don't prefer going via proxy for their other internet needs.

R0bR says:

That's why you use a DNS service rather than a VPN or Proxy, that way your local access stays local and you're re-routed for service like Netflix, Hulu and BBC. It's as simple as putting different DNS entries in your home router and all your devices on the network get access.

sholokov says:

Any advantage over Netflix?

TonyDedrick says:

It offers quite of bit of current season content. Whereas you might have to wait a bit for a shows recent episodes to appear on Netflix. Personally, I use both in tandem as one tends to have content the other doesn't

blackhawk556 says:

I hate that not all their shows can be seen on Xbox. Last time I tried it out, I had to use their website to view border wars. Why!?? I'm paying you, let me view all your content through Xbox. Has that changed now??

NH3MAN says:

To me HULU has more current TV shows with more seasons while Netflix seems to have more current movies. Between the both of them they have what we need.

If you wanna watch TV shows from Fox, ABC, NBC & CW the next day after it airs, HULU+ is the way to go. Whilst Netflix offers TV shows that's usually over one Season old.

My thing is Netflix is better at almost Current Movies & HULU+ is better with Current TV Shows. Although Netflix is changing tha game with new Original Series like 'Orange is the New Black' & 'House of Cards'.

Tomasz S. says:

And also semi-original series like "Arrested Development"

alijahg34 says:

The dumb box aka TV

jlynnm350z says:

Got Netflix, that's enough for me

hink3000 says:

So do you do the week free then it gives you two months?

Adretheon says:

I had no idea about The Awesomes till I saw this post. Today is going well.

Christorian says:

This isn't working.

kitty778 says:

Any way of getting this in the UK?

R0bR says:

Yes, use a DNS proxy service and route through them.

inteller says:

they are filtering content out for free users.   sign up for trial and content shows up.  poor form hulu....

jsantana0793 says:

Can't enjoy it since every video says: this video is long longer available.. Its a problem..

inteller says:

because they are filtering content.

deadwrong03 says:

this isnt working a all for me...i find a show hit watch and it tells me to log in or sign up?

rodneyej says:

⬇⬇This⬇⬇
"""Flagship Windows Phone handsets like the Nokia 925 and HTC 8X drew a lot of attention, but low-range models such as the Nokia Lumia 520 and 620 are driving momentum for the platform, Dominic Sunnebo, global consumer insight director at Kantar, said in a statement.

"It is vital for Windows to be seen as a mainstream alternative to Android and iOS rather than a niche platform," he added. "Selling large volumes of lower end smartphones is a good way of getting Windows seen in the hands of potential customers' friends and family, convincing them there isn't a risk in choosing the operating system.""
This ⬆⬆⬆

Nik Rolls says:

Uhh ... wrong post?

cam45fblax says:

Sooo must've been a super slow news day if this is still the most recent post in the app...

No news where are you guys

No new news so boring please update the site

Kevin Rush says:

No shows that I tried, would play and I couldn't find the "2 months free with subscription" deal?

Kevin Rush says:

I found the link for "2 Free Months with subscription"
www.hulu.com/plus/awesomes2month?cmp[equals]2603.
[where is the "equals sign" on the keyboard?]

albertico says:

This is ridiculous, the Xbox News post provides absolutely no direction as to how this works out. I downloaded the app and it prompts for either a trial signup or Login, neither of which applies if you're not a Hulu Plus member but want to take advantage of this "free" weekend deal.