1 Minute Survey: How many times per day do you use your phone for the "basics"?

We're in the process of cooking up another sweet Talk Mobile infographic (this one based on our social and communications week) and in doing so we need to reach out to the community with one more big question.

Specifically, we're looking at how many times per day you use your phone to do the basics... send a message or email, check what time it is, add an appointment to your calendar, etc. Easy stuff.

The survey will take you only a minute, so hit the link below and getter done and we'll love you long time.

Take the Survey!

Comments

lhoylhoy says:

No comments for this artcle yet...

Lol I see what you did there

OMG55 says:

I'm a network administrator/IT manager. I find myself sitting at my laptop, but using my phone for emails and making/modifying office docs on my phone. This is why I personally will be purchasing the Nokia 6" phablet it it's thin enough. I personally never thought I would be doing that.

schlubadub says:

I could never sit at my desk and use my phone for anything longer than a couple of minutes as the general perception is that if you're on your phone then you must be goofing off. I probably goof off more on my PC, but at least it looks like I'm working ;)

DMuela says:

In fact... i use my phone like 90% of the time for that... i still use a lot the sms and calls

EssThree says:

Honestly, the survey is flawed for the very reason you just said; I'm almost constantly listening to music on my phone, so I only listen to music 1-5 times a day. But the percentage of time spent doing that? Probably like 95%.

Do I say that I do it 151+ times?

Not to mention I might have a maybe 3 or 4 text conversations with people a day, but those conversations might span 20-50 texts. So do I count individual texts? Very strange survey!

wpguy says:

I wasn't sure how to answer that one either. I ticked 1-5 for music, but one time will often last a couple hours.

NIST says:

Checking the Weave and Windows Phone Central apps are basics for me. And that would be about a billion times a day.

RodimusMajor says:

A lot of the numbers in the survey seemed a bit extreme even for heavy phone-users, so I kinda used them more as a ranking-type thing than a literal count of how many times I use those functions.
That said, I generally just text/email/call people, check WPCentral, and occasionally take pictures of my Transformers.  As far as "work" goes, the closest I get to that is emailing my professors and touching up papers in Word.

schlubadub says:

At least you're not touching up professors and emailing papers in Word :P

paschott says:

Wow. I am nowhere close to the top end of this range for any activities on my phone.

mr toes says:

Same, they seem to be geared towards obsessive compulsive users, im a pretty heavy user and im nowhere near the top end

jlzimmerman says:

I'm looking forward to the results of these surveys.

lucktr says:

Music...a lots of it. That's where my 810s microSD slot with replaceable battery comes in ;).

schlubadub says:

If you'd asked me 2 years ago, I would've said the same. But no MicroSD on flagship devices means I don't have space for any music. I could stream, but I can do that from my computer so there's no point & not worth the effort.

James8561 says:

no gift card? PSH.

Nakazul says:

Hmm, im in trouble. I'm using a little of everything and together...i do a lot.

roxpace says:

I have started to use my phone more and more integrated like using Skydrive, uploading project and job documents there (nothing secret), skydrive is very useful with the Windows 7 client or Windows 8 app. Also using the calendar, little sad it do not even in the new Amber support older IBL Lotus Traveller which one employer are using, using a lot on it, the thing I use at a minimum is Facebook since the app is so terribly bad, yes it has become much better and therefor I try to use it much more. But often slides over to my iPhone 5 for Facebook and Instagram, now maybe finally WP8 will get a fully working Instagram app with 6tag. (instance tagging do not work if someone wanna point out that app)

Jaco Ra says:

This is exactly what I got roughed up for in the 6tag article. Its true apps get used less because the lack of support WP gets compared to other OS' I wish WP was bigger than IOS & Android imagine it being the #1 OS with every app made beautifully it would be amazing

Jaco Ra says:

75% of the time about 25 times a day

streamingguy says:

While I am at work, I check my "What;s new" feed every 30 minutes and its very handy and keep me connected with the outside world/technology world.

schlubadub says:

Apparently the last time I checked that was 11 months ago. It's now refreshed and the latest "What's New" is 2 weeks old :P So yeah, checking every 30 minutes wouldn't get me very much!

wtolbert says:

Earnestly I couldn't begin to count, I live and love my 928.

wpguy says:

Same for me, with my 925.

wpguy says:

Had to laugh.. my average day includes zero phone calls. I always get a chuckle out of sales reps trying to upsell me on unlimited minutes (for more money, of course). The most the three of us combined on our family plan have ever burned up in a month is about 200 of our 1000 monthly minutes, and that's mostly because my wife's family usually calls her cell than our home phone. Take that out of the picture, and I bet we wouldn't use even an hour of minutes each month.

schlubadub says:

Same... the call function is the least used on my phone. I might make or receive 1-2 calls per week tops. Otherwise it's all done via SMS or email. Phone calls are so 90's :P

TechFreak1 says:

that is a rather tricky questions lol, as honestly who keeps an indepth tally of what they've done during the day on their phone? I know i couldnot lol as there is no set limit of the number of calls I make, texts I send, the numbers of times i unlock my device to check the time etc per day.. that would be beyond an ocd... lol

abowl0e says:

To be honest, the fact that WP does the basics really well is a part of what brought me to the platform. With W8 integration, its a no brainer.

"How many times" is very confuse and inaccurate, I think. because I spend hours listen musics, but only 1 or 2 times I open these apps.