Cyan Update News

Cyan on AT&T

Lumia 520 and 925 on AT&T finally get Cyan and 8.1

Rogers and Vodafone strike up 4G roaming agreement

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 coming to Rogers and Telus in Canada

Lumia 928 and 920 used for some hilarious hijinks in new Kraft Mac-n-Cheese ad

Rogers turns on 700 MHz spectrum for communities in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto

Rogers has new international roaming plans and they're still awful

Lumia 620 supplants Lumia 920 as the second-most popular Windows Phone

From the Forums

Windows Phone disasters – 'My Nokia Lumia 920 melted last night'

Cases

Cases and Covers for the Nokia Lumia 920

Black update for Rogers Nokia Lumia 520 due March 10

Windows Phone 8.1 caught running on a Lumia 920

Lumia Black hitting Nokia Lumia 920 on Rogers today

Deal Alert: Nokia Lumia 920 available for just £169 at Tesco UK

Lumia Black now available on EE for the Lumia 920

Lumia Black now available for the Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T (Update: Lumia 820 too!)

< >

Rogers begins rolling out Amber and GDR2 for Nokia Lumia 920 owners

We’re getting reports from users that Nokia and Rogers have thrown the switch on the anticipated Amber and GDR2 OS update for the Lumia 920. Much like other carriers, Rogers was in the process of certifying the release and now it has gone live. Indeed, checking Nokia’s update page we can see Rogers is now listed as “Available”.

Windows Phone 8 OS build 10327 and higher is also known as GDR2 and brings along with it FM radio support, fixes for Xbox Music, Other storage fix and other minor improvements. Amber is the name for Nokia’s accompanying firmware and it allows new camera features, Glance and flip to silence, to name a few new additions.

Users can check for the over-the-air update by heading into their Settings > Phone Update and check for the update there. Thanks, leviathan18 and Tim L., for the heads up

Comments

Josh Harman says:

Carrier concessions.

nikoduque says:

grrr i have a unlocked rogers 920 working on movistar in colombia and still nothing! :(

wing man says:

For guys using unlock Rogers on Telus using internet sharing.
I updated my unlock rogers phone on telus and sharing internet stoppped working. I manage to get it going by switching to another service using Nokia's access point, then back to telus. You need to download access point if you don't have it. Now my sharing internet works...phew. I had major problem trying to get internet sharing going some time back.

goofbox says:

Getting the update right now ..Rogers 920

Andy amit says:

Dear when will update in china I am waiting pls

Finally, Amber arrives to my 920 in Malaysia. I have not installed it yet since it requires a wifi connection to start downloading. Need to wait to go to my office to download.Anyway, I am happy it's already arrived to my phone.

Daakkon says:

I don't see an option to toggle flip to silence. :/

Jsinghroy says:

Is tap to wake supposed to be in this update? I am loving the radio.

stevethenerd says:

I have successfully updated my L920 to GDR2 w/Amber... Phone had appeared to lock up, but a couple of resets and all is good!

Got my Amber love!

weefees says:

AMBER is squeezing into my Nokia 920 just now!

neoxphuse says:

Waiting for update.  What's taking forever, I'm worried that I'll never get it.  Rogers unlocked phone on wind.

prettymba says:

August 31st, no AT&T amber update. VERY disappointed in AT&T! They could have at least let us know if they will or will not be allowing the update.

Antchexec says:

Just got the Lumia Amber Update from EE (Orange) on my Lumia 820, and it does have Data Sense; just in case anyone is still concerned about that feature being omitted.
I notice the Nokia website is still showing the EE 820 update as 'Coming Soon'...but, clearly, that is out of date, now.

Pages