Box completely rebuilds Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 apps

Official WPCentral app updated with bug fixes

WPCentral Official App update

Microsoft gets decent clean energy marks from Greenpeace

Listen to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella discuss ‘the intersection of cloud and mobile’ live today at 1 PM ET

Unite all your cloud storage services with Otixo for Windows Phone

Cloud Storage on Windows Phone – which service is the best value?

Starbucks US claims that something is ‘in the works’ for Windows Phone

OneDrive for business announced, ready to do battle with Dropbox and Box

Get 100GB more OneDrive cloud storage with Bing Rewards

Official WPCentral apps updated today with fixes and new features

Latest Instagram update sneaks in notification support on the Lock screen

Microsoft drops SkyDrive name, announces OneDrive instead

Manage your 'home cloud' with the official QNAP remote storage app for Windows Phone

Path social-network officially strolls on to Windows Phone 8

Indonesian mobile operator Telkomsel releases official Windows Phone app

Fitbit is officially hiring a Product Manager for a Windows Phone app

Need more cloud storage? Grab the official BackItUp app from Nero for Windows Phone

Cloud-based storage service Mega coming to Windows Phone, but not until 2014

First Direct UK developing app for Windows Phone; won't be available before 2014

Copy from Barracuda Networks

Official ‘Copy’ app from Barracuda Networks offers yet another cloud storage option for Windows Phone 8

When it comes to cloud storage on Windows Phone, most users seem content to utilize Microsoft’s SkyDrive system. After all, it ties into Xbox, PC, tablets, Windows Phone itself, the web and it is constantly being improved upon by the company.

However, people live different lives and have different circumstances, including having job requirements that require access to other cloud storage options. So with that, it’s good to see Copy (www.copy.com), an official app from Barracuda Networks, land on Windows Phone 8 (they already have clients for iOS and Android).

Copy from Barracuda Networks

Copy is like most cloud storage in that it offers a free account with a generous 15GB of storage. From there, users can opt to increase that for what appear to be reasonable rates. The network is built by Barracuda, who have been in IT since 2003 and provide security, networking and storage products—so they’re no slouch to this business. Copy though is a bit new so the system is not a robust as competitors.

Copy's price range, including free 15GB of online storage

How’s the app? For an initial release (v1.0.0.12), it’s not bad but it does fall short of SkyDrive. Specifically the app only allows you to access your files that you have already uploaded but you can’t add new files from your Windows Phone—at least not yet. You can share those files by creating public links, which is helpful but without the ability add new documents or images, it’s certainly limited at this time. We bet Barracuda is just getting started though and they will begin rolling out features to increase the app’s usefulness.

Copy (initial release features)

• Create and Login to a Copy Account.
  • On-demand browsing of all your Copy files and shares.
  • Thumbnailing and preview of all supported file types.
  • High-Resolution previewing of image file types.
  • Copy public link of any file. Multi-select supported!
  • View your folders in thumbnail gallery mode.

For now, if your company or personal network uses Copy from Barracuda, you at least now have a method to easily access those files. We’ll keep an eye out to see if this app improves in the future, but for now you can pick up the initial release here in the Store (or scan the QR code below). Thanks, zhoulhas, for the tip!

QR: Copy

Comments

Fee 15 GB... Not baaaad!

schlubadub says:

No fee for me... All freeeeee :P

SocalTouch says:

Nice catch @schlubadub! The service seems to be pretty good so far and I even signed up for the beta app.

If you want to get an extra 5GB in addition to 15GB (for a total of 20GB!) space for both you and me, you could signup using my referral link - https://copy.com?r=Ka7PsX

Mods : If posting referral links in comments is against ToS, Let me know and I will be glad to remove it!

rodneyej says:

Your user name sounds like the title to some cool action/SiFi/thriller❕❕

icyrock1 says:

Use this link to sign up, and get an extra 5GB's free! ;)

Here's my referral link for additional 5GB:

bakgwei says:

I personally have been using Copy.com for a while now and I am totally hooked! They offer much better features than than most other cloud storage providers. Goodbye dropbox...

For a limited time, if you use the following link to sign up for Copy.com, you get free 20GB of cloud storage with them!: https://copy.com?r=imaNoO

pedro_ls says:

Yeah! It is great!
And you Win Extra 5gb If you invite someone...
Here is my envite: https://copy.com?r=0cX9da
Thank you!

Eric Stark says:

...And EVEN better if you use my link! Get 20GB:)

Link: https://copy.com?r=eC4Xz1

jlynnm350z says:

There are so many different cloud storage spaces out there its confusing.

upsidedown says:

I just want amazon Cloud player

RyanAMG says:

I'll be interested when my pictures automatically backup to it like SkyDrive

CopyTeam says:

It's coming soon! We will be releasing incremental updates as fast as we can. If you're interested in testing out the beta version for our next release, send us a support ticket with "Windows Phone 8 Beta" in the subject line and include your Windows Live email address in the body. We'll add your address to the list of allowed users and send you a link to download the beta.
-Jordan

RyanAMG says:

Cool thank you :)

gamato says:

Hi. Why does your app have so many requirements? Do you really need them all? It feels a bit uncomfortable.

Ordeith says:

Barracuda... The slimy, American version of cheap IT.

Xpider_MX says:

While official copy.com app add upload option, you can use Woopiti app.

trincowski says:

Amazing news. Still, I'll stick to Woopiti. Why having SkyDrive, Copy and DropBox installed when I can simply use Woopiti?

SocalTouch says:

The service seems pretty good so far. I signed up using the referral link someone posted above in comments and got the extra 5GB once I installed the Windows desktop app.

If you want to get an extra 5GB (total of 20GB) space for both you and me, you could signup using my referral link - https://copy.com?r=Ka7PsX

malih says:

Awesome news, I've been a registered user of Copy for a couple weeks now and it gets better with official app

CJ1derboy says:

20 GB Free Cloud Storage From copy.com
Never lose another USB drive again! Store your files in the cloud.
20 GB free by using the referral link below and installing the copy app

Detronator says:

They are absolutely cross platform - you can get their client on windows/linux/mac/android/iOS/wp, and the client is actually the best! (Even better than the great Dropbox client). So far I haven't had issues with their syncing (google drive for exam screwed all my files with their terrible sync algorithm) and a very nice fact is you can undelete files you deleted by accident.

For additional free 5gb of space use this promo link to register https://copy.com?r=PBmnys

Copy offers a great cloud storage service. This referral link will give us both 5 GB free bonus storage (20GB total).
I could REALLY use the space as unfortunately I am unable to afford the account upgrade at the moment. You would make my day if you would be so kind as to sign up using my link!

Thanks

christine_19 says:

Used the previous link.
Please feel free to use my link for an extra 5 GB.

Peter Brown9 says:

Great Online Storage solution

Sign up for cloud storage and get 20GB FREE

Many thanks

Sign up using this link and we both WIN: https://copy.com?r=8Bs38Q Copy is a very reliable and generous online storage service that gives you a whopping 20GB and even 5GB/person more if you refer to others. Sign up using that link plsss. Thanks.