Games

Nokia gives away free Gameloft games to certain Lumia owners

Pac-Man Championship Edition leads this week's Red Stripe Deals

Carcassonne wins a place in this week's Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals

Collapse! falls into the Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals once again

Mush, Skateboard Party, Nightmares from the Deep, and more Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals

Chaos Rings leads a game-filled week of Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals

Six Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals ring in the New Year

Deal Alert: Nextgen Reader goes free for Windows Phone, and 50% off for Windows 8

Games

Gameloft Holiday Sale - 9 Windows Phone games discounted by at least 50%

Windows 8 Apps+Games

12 Deals of Red Stripe comes to Windows 8, save on Rayman Jungle Run and more

12 Deals of Red Stripe for the Windows Phone Store is now live

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Skulls of the Shogun, Pylon and SuperPhoto are your Red Stripe Deals for Windows 8 this week

Final Fantasy, SuperPhoto and Crumble Zone make up this week's Red Stripe Deals

ArchiTech, Halo: SA and Pocket Sheep are this week's Red Stripe Deals

Farm Frenzy 2, Joining Hands 2 and Fuse make up this week's Red Stripe Deals

Flight Control Rocket blasts off as this week's Windows Phone Red Stripe Deal

Games

Rayman Jungle Run joins Color Carnival and Nun Attack as this week's Red Stripe Deals

Games

This weeks Red Stripe Deals saves you cash on Mirror’s Edge, Paper Racer, and HDR Photo Camera

Rocket Riot and Tweet It! are this week's Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals

Dark Knight Rises, ARMED, and Weave are the newest Windows Phone Red Stripe Deals

Modern Combat 4 brings military shooting as the Xbox Windows Phone Red Stripe Deal

Modern Combat 4 Windows Phone Red Stripe Deal

This has been a happy week for mobile Xbox gamers. Gameloft published the highly anticipated Six-Guns for Windows Phone 8, and it’s a free game to boot. But more is always better where games are concerned.

The latest Xbox Red Stripe Deal has you covered then, gamers. Gameloft’s Modern Combat 4 is one sale for $2.99, more than half off the regular price. It’s a killer Windows Phone 8 game that has never been on sale before. Call of Duty and first-person shooter fans won’t want to miss it.

Rounding out the Red Stripe Deals are popular puzzle game Crazy Machines Golden Gears from Viva Media and finance management app myMoneyBook from Tiziano Cacioppolini, both on sale for $1.49. Head past the break for details and Store links.

Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour (Windows Phone 8)

Regular price: $6.99 Sale price: $2.99 Download size:  1011 MB Store Link

Modern Combat 4 features an exciting single-player campaign as well as a robust multiplayer component. The campaign storyline revolves around a series of terrorist attacks as well as the kidnapping of the US president. Players will take on several different roles throughout the game, including not only heroic military operatives but even the lead enemy (who is a huge jerk)! It’s an excellent campaign.

Modern Combat 4

As you would expect in a game inspired by the Call of Duty series, multiplayer is a major part of the Modern Combat 4 experience. Multiplayer games support up to 12-player matches via local Wi-Fi or online. Don’t expect to fill up a room too often – the matchmaking leaves something to be desired and there’s no way to chat with other players, hence a tiny community. But this sale will provide new players. at least.

Also note that Modern Combat 4 suffers from one broken Achievement. Check out our full review for more details.

QR: Modern Combat 4

Crazy Machines Golden Gears (Windows Phone 8)

Regular price: $2.99 Sale price: $1.49 Download size: 53  MB Store Link

Crazy Machines Golden Gears

Did last week’s Implode sale not fill the need for physics puzzles in your life? Then Crazy Machines is for you. This one highly resembles Amazing Alex in that players must combine various objects to create simple machines that will solve puzzles. It features:

• 60 different parts to combine including Lasers, Nitros, Dynamite, Explosives, and more
  • Dozens of Challenge levels (puzzles)
  • Puzzle editor
  • Share and download puzzles online

QR: Crazy Machines

myMoneyBook (Windows Phone 7 or 8)

Regular price: $2.99 Sale price: $1.49 Download size: 3  MB Store Link

myMoneyBook

If I have one great weakness (sure, only one!) it’s my money management skills. Totally runs in the family. Every month, my vast Windows Phone Central fortune is squandered away on tequila and señoritas, leaving me broke until the next big payday. That’s why I should get an app like myMoneyBook (all one word, oi) to keep things in order.

Features:

• Enter your daily receivables/payables in just few steps and set a monthly budget to track your spending.
  • Customize the categories to suit your needs.
  • Add the tiles to the start screen to streamline operations.
  • Customizable statistics charts!
  • Data backup via SkyDrive and csv export!!
  • Privacy settings
  • Live Tiles
  • Real Metro Style

Do any of our dear readers use myMoneyBook or a similar app?

QR: myMoneyBook

Comments

DJCBS says:

YES! I've been waiting for Modern Combat 4 to go on sale. Thank you, Jesus! Or Gameloft. Either one.

ZuNuKoo says:

Same here. Just last night installed six guns. (had to make room) didn't want to uninstall modern combat. I will finally buy this game.

Anyone still play MC? I've had a difficult time finding any games. Is there a good time to jump on?

DJCBS says:

You mean in multiplayer mode? No idea. The only game I play on multiplayer is Uno. There I've noticed that the later in the evening to me (I'm on GMT) the more people are around.

Paul Acevedo says:

Uno has a large multiplayer base because 1 - it's free so there's no barrier to entry and 2 - it's a simple game with simple controls. Modern Combat 4, while part of a popular gaming genre, doesn't translate nearly as easily to phones, so even some FPS fans don't care to try it.

DJCBS says:

Makes sense.
I was never much into multiplayer, even though I love FPS. Still, even though Uno has easier entry level, I've played a couple of times against the games AI for lack of online players.

AgentSplurge says:

Never even noticed there was an online option! Cracking game, gutted its now on offer but i bought it ages ago. I wasn't sure if it would be any good as a FPS on a mobile, but the screen on the 920 is quite big si works well. Everyone should try it

Jack Larson1 says:

Team vs. @ evening probably on the weekend

TMaestro says:

Next week put Order and Chaos and Halo on sale and I will be happy ;)

I want Order and Chaos too...

vijax21 says:

But i end up touching the Back or Search button while playing a game..and i always loose interest playing the game.. ok ok i have fat fingers :-/

OscarMaDi says:

Looking for the Lumia 1520? :)

DJCBS says:

I have skinny fingers and the same happens to me. I've discovered that it helps to turn the screen buttons towards the hand that you don't "use" (meaning, if you're right handed, turn the screen so that the buttons are near your left hand and vice-versa)

Jack Larson1 says:

Funny, I always put my dominant hand towards the speakers. It does keep me from pressing the power button though...

Man, I'm torn on Modern Combat. It's a great deal, but the game is such a pain to handle with smartphone controls...

NightWatch71 says:

You get used to it. Besides, the easy mode pretty much plays itself.

Jack Larson1 says:

I wish MOGA or Xbox controllers were an option. :(

philhachey says:

Moga is supported...
...i think.

Jack Larson1 says:

It is I think (also) but no WP games support the moga x)

_Haitian says:

I'm really hoping that Modern Combat and Six Guns make it to the Windows 8 store so I can buy them for my Surface Pro an here's to also hoping that it will have Xbox 360 controller capability.

Paul Acevedo says:

Six Guns has been announced for Windows 8. Modern Combat 4 hasn't.

jaimeastin says:

We need them all! I don't play these type of games on my phone foe many reasons.

Playing on my surface rt with Xbox controller is where its at! I take an Xbox controller with me permanently now for halo and asphalt 7, lol!

DreadVenom says:

Why are all the good things happening when my phone is in for repairs. Oh well, all is not lost. Buy online, dl when phone returns :)

Paul Acevedo says:

Hope it comes back soon, dude! :)

DreadVenom says:

Thanks Paul. I have all fingers and toes crossed for a quick return and hopefully packing GDR2 as EE is killing us here in the UK. AT&T users believe when I say we understand your pain and frustration.

sasukeluffy says:

Me too with GDR1 Ativ S..

ZuNuKoo says:

If you really want this game buy it on the computer then install it when you can.

Paul Acevedo says:

He did say that he did that...

sasukeluffy says:

Damn, now to have some space.. Only 1,60gb free, with 5gb taken by apps and 5gb by 'other'.. Samsung Ativ S GDR1 here. I sure hope GDR2 fixes it.. Might buy this game now when it's cheap.

ZuNuKoo says:

It fixes it. I wish other companies were as good with stuff as Nokia is. I switched from HTC Trophy to Nokia Lumia 822. Great phone so far. Maybe in the future upgrade to something around the 1020..

sasukeluffy says:

I know that in theory it should fix it (I was the one to ask it from @JoeBelfiore and got the answer :p), but do I really free enough space to download MC4?

Paul Acevedo says:

I don't think you'll even be able to use the web store queueing workaround without at least 2GB of free space.

sasukeluffy says:

Dang, should try to find something useless to delete. But don't wanna get left without space again, and I think my other would grow to 6gb if I'd do this....
I hate my WP8 right now.

JLP says:

FYI....GDR2 does NOT fix it on HTC 8X

nokiauser911 says:

How much space do modern combat need? I have Lumia 720 and free space of 2.5 gb

Paul Acevedo says:

Probably 4 gigabytes. But if you queue the down from the web store, you might be able to get it to bypass the 4x requirement.

Oh man. This is fantastic news. Have always wanted to play this. Buying this now. Thanks MS. Thanks WPcentral.

tylerh1701 says:

Wish I could pick this up now for the WP8 I'll be getting soon.

Although I can only blame myself for not having one now.  I'm just cheap.

JLP says:

Me: "MC4 is on sale? Great, I will finally buy and install it so I can get some of that action and some achievements!!"

My HTC8X w/GDR2 update: "Wait a minute cowboy, I have 4.5GB of 'Other' storage sitting in me. And with your modest amount of 2GB of music, 2.5GB of apps plus the reserved and system space, you cant install MC4, because you dont have enough free space. Maybe you need to delete some music or apps you use everyday so that you can play these high-end games."

Me: "Arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!"

philhachey says:

Welcome all noobs!
I can't wait to play against some fresh players.
Please don't quit if you get killed a lot at first. Everyone did.

philhachey says:

Look for me in the game. My name is Mr Lachey.

MrTechRat says:

No love for the 521 but this was to be expected with a low end phone. Still enjoy it though.