Windows Phones

Cyan for Lumia 1020 rolls out in Canada

Windows Phones

Free hardware bundle hard to come by for Lumia 930 (UK)

O2 releases beautiful official app for UK customers to manage their accounts

Get online while abroad for just £2 a day with O2 Travel

Cortana hitting the UK in 'less than two weeks' with China soon thereafter

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

O2 UK shares details on the Windows Phone 8.1 update, teases visual voicemail

Looking for a bargain? Grab the Lumia 930 on EE for just £350

Lumia 930 now available in the UK, white color variant exclusive to Phones 4u

Three UK makes 0800 numbers free on new SIM-only plans

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 now available from the Microsoft Store, supports LTE on T-Mobile

Windows Phones

Microsoft's latest video shows off the Nokia Lumia 1020 with OneDrive and Instagram

Lumia 1020 new 'end of life date' and what it all means for Microsoft

Lumia 1020 could hit End of Life status this September

UK government set to rush through emergency surveillance legislation

Official BBC iPlayer Radio app now finally available for Windows Phone

Windows Phones

Microsoft: No Cortana for UK Windows Phone 8.1 users in July

Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone slated to invade the UK this Thursday

Nokia Lumia 1020

Nokia UK has tweeted out a teaser that should please many UK Windows Phone users.

The message is simple. "Lumia1020 + UK = this Thursday".

Still not sure as to the where and how much but if you've been waiting for Lumia 1020 with its 41MP Pureview camera, the wait appears to be coming to an end.  The light at the end of the tunnel is in sight so to speak.

Nokia Lumia 1020 to UK

We are still expecting the Lumia 1020 to reach other parts of the globe in October such as Canada and Russia. Australia is slated to get the Lumia 1020 later this month.

Source: Nokia UK, Thanks, everyone, for the tip!

Comments

Micah Dawson says:

Good for the UK windowsphone fans :)

rodneyej says:

And, good for WP market share❗

scottygb2k says:

Cant wait for this !!!

Jay Bennett says:

Just so no one gets too excited, we'll get the full details this Thursday, but I reckon it'll still be a few weeks before they show up in stores :)

adrian1338 says:

Right in Time before the next Phones will be surfaced. just like with the Lumia 900 :=)

Micah Dawson says:

Not even the same thing.

sasukeluffy says:

Waiting for Finland..

Mngotu says:

Can not wait for this. Already got my yellow one on pre-order. Please Nokia, just give it to me!!

how1ard says:

On Thursday, I bet what we get is a release date.

paulxxwall says:

I hope they sell like crazy

Rod Hull says:

I'll have me one of those. As it's rumoured to be launching on multiple carriers hopefully they'll be a nifty selection of free stuff to choose from also (such as a camera grip or charging shell).

sdc1 says:

I asked in an O2 store and they told me 25th September.

Conor Brown says:

And yet I will prob' still have to  wait an extra 2/3 months for EE to get it on their networks (Orange/TMobile) just like My friend had to do for the Lumia 925. every other network had it fo at least a month and a half before EE got that handset. Feels like EE doesnt give a flying F&@k about Windows phone.

Or is that just my imagination?

Nope, it's not just your imagination. It looks like EE don't give a damn anymore about Windows Phone. Screw 'em I say and their poxy network.

Anyway, can't wait myself for this to launch officially in the UK. That camera is amazing. And I also know that it's not all about the high pixel count but what the phone actually does with those pixels to create some fantastic pictures.

sailorboi88 says:

When will it come to Switzerland? From Swisscom or Orange??

muvig says:

Since i have L920, will wait for the next version after 1020, hoping that it would have 4 cores & >= 64GB. i think i will replace the L920 next year as i am still enjoying it.

nasellok says:

Give me this phone on Verizon, and TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid ATT exclusive

ambroShuS says:

it's crazy (to me) how many people (non-techies) are interested in this phone with its juggernaut of a camera, but there main reason for not having it is because of lack of availability on carriers - in the US at least. I was shocked when my gf told me when her Sprint contract is up she's going to ditch her Galaxy and probably get the "Lumia 1020 on AT&T because it has a 41 Megapixek camera"...utterly amazed.

erzhik says:

This is incredibly stupid. Why does it take so long to launch it in other countries? By the time they roll it out in most countries, there will be a newer, better phone.

'Cus the 925 has only been out (in the UK) for a few months, and I'm guessing they didn't want eat into there own sales with other hardware.

JoRdaNeK says:

I'm guessing £37 a month on o2 might get the 925 if it goes on spesh

camptime says:

My 920 only charging to 70% now, Have been wait on news when this will be released to be honest Nokia needs to pick it up a little 3 months wait till those of us outside the US can get there latest phones really Nokia?

Paul May says:

I'm originally from the UK and live in the USA and I have this phone on AT&T. I urge all of my country men and women who are even on the fence about this phone to get it. It is spectacular.

nindobz says:

Is vodafone getting this beast? Cant wait..

Just spotted one as I left work, in Brighton UK. It looked gorgeous!

how1ard says:

Having just spoken to two major retailers I can confirm that the 1020 will not come out tomorrow in the UK. The retailers in question have all received a 1020 today for display purposes only that is embargoed until tomorrow. Tomorrow Nokia will announce the UK release date.