How To

Want the Lumia Cyan update? You need to downgrade your phone first.

AT&T's Lumia 1520 is now getting the Windows Phone 8.1 update

Lumia 1520 reportedly now getting Lumia Cyan in Finland and India

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Editor's Choice

8 months later, the Lumia 1520 is still amazing

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Foursquare app for Windows Phone blocked to download for some Lumia 1520 owners

Microsoft begins certifying hardware running Windows Phone 8.1 for Bluetooth 4.0 LE

Microsoft shows off the #SustainableLumia 1520 in green with recycled back cover

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

From the Forums

Is it fair to consider the size of the Lumia 1520 as a con?

Nokia Lumia 1520

Nokia Lumia 1520 rumored to launch September 26

When the Nokia Lumia 1520 launches it will be the largest Windows Phone device ever. It will be so big that it will sit comfortable in the category of smartphones known as “phablets”. Devices that are much larger than your average smartphone, but smaller than a mini tablet. It will go head to head with the very successful Samsung Galaxy Note devices running Android. These are brave new waters for the Windows Phone platform. And it looks like you might only 15 days away from holding it in your hands.

It’s hard to challenge the accuracy of leaks from @evleaks on Twitter. So when he says the Nokia Lumia 1520 launches on the 26th of September we tend to believe him. Curiously, that’s the same day that Nokia has an event planned for New York City.

What’s the Lumia 1520 all about? The device will have a 6-inch display with a 1080p display. It will be powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor from Qualcomm. Additionally it will have 32GB of storage with an SD slot for microSD cards. Pictures will come from a 20MP sensor that captures 5MP and 16MP images simultaneously. This will all have GDR3 and Bittersweet shimmer as the OS powering it. Be sure to check out some of the leaked screenshots of Bittersweet shimmer.

Thinking of picking one up?

Source: Twitter

Comments

ltjordan24 says:

That is fantastic news because if the 1520 is coming out this month, it means that the GDR3 update can't be that far behind for the rest of us. And yes, I am aware that I won't be able to take advantage of the major features that the update will bring (1080p, quad-core, etc.) but I will in my next Lumia.

AccentAE86 says:

If it is going to compete with the Note, then it's gonna need to have a pressure sensitive stylus.  Otherwise, wtf it'll just be a big 920 that doesn't fit in your pocket.

camptime says:

Same date the 1020 is released in Thailand trying to decide if i cancel my 1020 and wait a few more months for the 1520 or just get a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that is released around the world at the same time.

VernonEL says:

You have a good point there. It doesn't mean the carriers aren't still trying, though.

Man, sucks I have to wait another year to upgrade. Seriously love 32 GB with microSD, wish my 920 had that (and GDR2, haha). Good on them to finally give people the extra storage. The device might be bigger than I'd like (my 920 fits perfectly in the side pocket of my jeans), but the thought of adding microSD to the device is awesome.

EBynum says:

Looking forward to the announcement! Really tempting, but I can't imagine carrying around a 6" phone on a daily basis. I think I'd rather have a 7"-8" Nokia or Surface tablet. Hopefully one is in the works. I wonder if Nokia will announce the rumored tablet on the same day. That's supposed to be a larger tablet, isn't it?

marantaz says:

To tablet or to phablet, that is the question.
If the OS was the same in both (hint, MS, hint), then a phablet would be the answer....as long as you could Bluetooth a keyboard to it.

jassp87 says:

Now that this phone has a great specs. Im hoping that game developers will develop high intense games. Lets face it, the lumia 920 so good but when it comes in gaming its mediocre.

Who will carry this phone?

Josh Harman says:

So... With this launching by the end of September, going by what happened with the 1020, I'm expecting GDR3 to start slowly coming out by the end of October and hopefully on my 822 by mid-November.

Aryan Angel says:

Mid November? Don't get your hopes up because 925 came with GDR2 in June I believe, and you got your update this month.

THE_Lawnboy says:

Some of us haven't gotten it at all. :(

Aryan Angel says:

Yeah, exactly. I haven't got mine either. It will be weird to see some Lumia devices running GDR3 while we are still stuck on GDR1. These are minor updates, these shouldn't take 4 months to roll out.

MDak280 says:

So soon?! I think it will be announced on September 26, but launched a week or so later.

If this is the case, I really need to get a job so I can buy this lol.

DreadVenom says:

My 920 is currently in for repairs. I wonder if someone can make(wishful thinking here) a glaring mistake and send me the 1520. I do love my 920 but really, I wouldn't say no to this beast. Its the first phablet I actually like.

xcharles718 says:

Looks great, but would only consider buying if it's available on T-Mobile, the Spotify app on WP gets updated, and if it doesn't cost too damn much(>$650).

My Nokia L920 did die today :( So this would be the perfect birthday presant :D

leo74 says:

My thoughts are with you... hard to lose auch a great friend.... and YAY!!!! Birthday coming soon :)

leo74 says:

I will definitely get one as soon as it hits the shelves... I am just not so confident about having it in my hands in 16 days.... the 920 launch memories are still painful....

ejlee072006 says:

Ait.. Release it to me please,my 900 is bleeding!!!

gibbage says:

It seems nice, but I'm very happy with my 925. I'm looking forward to seeing what gdr3 will bring me!

Sept 26th? My birthday too! Dammit,can't I win one of these? Happy Birthday to Acbuono5 too!

LiveTilesRus says:

I want 1080p.
I want S800.
I want GDR3.
I don't want a monster phablet.
I have a 1020.

robdmau says:

I'll get one if it comes to vzw!

Aryan Angel says:

So, people will have GDR3 meanwhile, some of us are still stuck with GDR1. :)

I have had my NL925 for a month and I love it but I would get another Nokia this year if TMo get a 1080 resolution phone.

Fndlumia says:

Needs to be made in a 4.5" screen option, 1080p, snapdragon 800, 32gb + SD, 2g ram and the 41mp camera.... Eos mk2.... Maybe full alloy body. This would be better than a huge phone

swirl253 says:

Yeah if Verizon gets it. I am for sure getting one

T-Mobile FTW. Would be cool on T-Mobile.

CobraJ82 says:

Please let it be world wide let it be released world wide I have money I want it NOKIA!!!!

chucky78 says:

I don't think this device is for me. After seeing the Samsung Mega today 6.3 inch, the 1520 is going to be a huge phone. This is definitely not going in the pocket.

chucky78 says:

After looking at the pics it seems the 1520 has a longer screen allowing a slimmer profile. got to wait and see.

deadwrong03 says:

So this mean gdr3 is launching this month

MrSimmix says:

Do you think it'll have a stylus?

ejlee072006 says:

Take my money...

So in my Opinion there going to lunch the phone the 26th of September and announce it the same day. Because theres a difference.

Paedin says:

"Launch" when is it going to be available...And is TMobile USA gonna get screwed like normal? I want this phone, and will probably end up switching to ATT if Tmobile isn't getting it at launch.

Rauliulian says:

I dont think Nokia will release a device with a 6"screen. I bet the whole phone will be a 6" and the screen will be 5.2-5.5". Will see :)

Kambel says:

Hope Nokia will release the 1520 asap in the Netherlands! In the mean time I will keep on rocking with my 920! :-D

SachinJagtap says:

Is there going to be any input method beside touch?
Its the only important reason of sells of note series.

Nathan Bael says:

Some quick questions:
1) ATT exclusive in the USA right?
2) Any rumor of a stylus?

mjrtoo says:

It's too big for me, 4.5 is pretty big too. But looks cool for those that want an actual sized banana in their pocket. ;-)

fireball24 says:

Is it going to come on verizon?

Pages