Lumia 1520.3 available for just $520

Lumia Cyan Update

Lumia 1520 CV getting Lumia Cyan update globaly

Lumia 1520.3 unlocked received Lumia Cyan

How To

Want the Lumia Cyan update? You need to downgrade your phone first.

AT&T's Lumia 1520 is now getting the Windows Phone 8.1 update

Lumia 1520 reportedly now getting Lumia Cyan in Finland and India

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Editor's Choice

8 months later, the Lumia 1520 is still amazing

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Foursquare app for Windows Phone blocked to download for some Lumia 1520 owners

Microsoft begins certifying hardware running Windows Phone 8.1 for Bluetooth 4.0 LE

Microsoft shows off the #SustainableLumia 1520 in green with recycled back cover

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

More images of the AT&T Lumia 1520 are leaked online

While we wait for the approaching Nokia world event in Abu Dhabi (which we're attending, by the way) more leaks of the Lumia 1520 are surfacing on the Internet. New images have been published on Chinese micro-blogging service, Sina Weibo showing the large Windows Phone in all its glory. We're also provided some more evidence of its size.

As noted previously, the Lumia 1520 will be running GDR3 (required for larger screen resolutions), and one of the images posted is what appears to be a screenshot of the multi-tasking feature. Notice the option to close a running app? We've seen that before. The device will also be available in red.

There's little doubt we'll be seeing the Lumia 1520, especially since the FCC passed the handset. Launching on AT&T in early November, the massive Lumia will feature a Snapdragon 800 processor, 1080P IPS display, 32GB of storage with microSD expansion. It should set the standard for so-called phablet devices, or at the very least, get the foot int the door for Windows Phone.

While you all get excited, check out two more images below:

Lumia 1520 Leak

Lumia 1520 Leak

Source: Weibo; thanks, hengxiang32401, for the tip!

Comments

HeavyHanded says:

Awesome! But it looks to have a standard Micro-USB port.Charging that big,battery will take quite some time.

Is the 1520 the one on the left or right? Article does not clearly specify.

Chelsey Love says:

its the huge one lol

however with the battery issue we really wont know how it will charge and how long it will take until the nokia world premier, hopefully it comes with wireless plates as well.

sadly i wont get one its to big for my hands but its exciting to see

RyanAMG says:

The Moto Max takes a long time to charge so I would think same for the 1520. WPCentral had another post about ATT getting two one with Qi on board and one without.

That would be a bad idea, in my opinion. That would add legitimate confusion to the device(s). There's no way you're going to have two identical devices, one slightly thicker than the other, and not get confusion from most folks. Considering the talk of confusion (which is certainly ovrerblown) related to Windows 8 vs. Windows RT, it runs the risk of giving Microsoft a label that they are a confusion company that doesn't know what it's doing.

Well hopefully it will get through the whole day so it can just charge over night

Feel the same. I would not want to carry a big 6" phone in my pocket. I would rather have a 5' instead. With 1080P, 32 GB with expansion card.

scdkad says:

5" would've been better to go up against the Galaxy S4. On the other hand I guess 1520 is really going to compete with the Note which someone has pointed out is the same size..

raul_junior says:

Doesn't qualcom have special chips that make the phone charge really fast like on the 920

Duffau says:

Doesn't the snapdragon 800 have the quick charge chip? Supposed to charge pretty fast. Although I don't think the 920 has that, but I have a 1020 and I'm surprised at how fast that charges.

Sexy. Now that's how you lay out a screen. Much less cluttered.

My thoughts exactly. I can't wait to see what Skinery can do with this!

Why is all the text on the phone in Mexican? Is this phone from New Mexico?

Dude Chinese is a food. This is a LANGUAGE, like Mexican.

longlivezune says:

You must think you're so cute ya racist fuck. Nobody cares loser, that's Mexican for you.

Rockartisten says:

Hahaha... You can't say anything nowdays without being called racist. By the standard we have today, everyone in the world are racist except for some white people.

Lol you are racist for pointing that fact out, Rockartisten.

OMG55 says:

That phablet or whatever we'll call it looks ultra-thin!

Skunkwurx says:

It really does.... the 4S beside it is 9.3mm and even with the angle of the phone (because of camera hump) the top looks lower than the 4S...

trickym81 says:

I don't know why they didn't make it so that you drag the app down to close it, like Windows 8.

FeedTheShark says:

Just cos there's a big ugly X there doesn't mean you cannot swipe it away as well.

trickym81 says:

The big X really is ugly. You're right.

Lumia 8x says:

You should go back to logic 101.

wadedx says:

An X in that position a lot easier to use on a one-hand device... well, if you're right-handed. I think it's temporary though. They'll probably introduce more gestures in 8.1 and then the X can be optional.

bjax says:

I'm just happy to have the ability at all.

that huge ugly X button !! you're joking right Microsoft?!

Grimlock says:

It's the same "ugly X" that you use to close tabs in IE on WP8...

but.... .. this is a MULTITASKING VIEW man..

WinMaverick says:

Maybe they just don't wanna get into any copyright tussle with the big guns (in smartphone space); well until RT and WP gets merged. God knows what kind of thorns they have laid there for MS.

Duffau says:

Copyright tussle? Apple took the swipe to close and card multitasking straight from WebOS, and WP got the cards from there too (I don't know if WebOS got it from anywhere). I don't see the issue here

NokFromApp says:

evleaks also tweeted this morning..wonder what that is!!
Nokia Batman = Lumia 1320

pankaj981 says:

Wow, I guess a device for T-Mobile, lol

ramrac says:

5.1 inch phone. Called it.

You called a 5.1 inch phone? What did they say?

DreDay74 says:

Hdmi out, fm radio & transmitter, then I'm all in

phasar says:

Microsoft/Nokia don't have the vision to release something on that scale. I believe this 1520 will only have 32gb of storage. And people wonder why WP has second class status.

Tafsern says:

People? Or you?

JoeDizzle33 says:

Did you read the article? It states 32gb with microSD for expansion.

In Limbo says:

Errr . . . maybe not Microsoft. Nokia actually has had an FM transmitter on several models . . . and we're talking almost four years ago. The N86 I believe.

Duffau says:

Who said anything about storage space? Most people don't use that much space anyway (though it would be nice to have 64gb). Either way, there's a microsd port.

iBandar says:

Time to upgrade my L900

teoami says:

I'm with you on that. Original Lumia 900 owner from day one here. It has been a great phone and seems nearly indesctructable, but I've started to notice some glitchy behaviour so I think it is time to upgrade.

stephking92 says:

If only I had the money T,T My lumia 900's screen is broken and I dont even have the money to replace that. Still though, as long as it's usable, I gues I'll just keep it for now.

Zulfigar says:

My 710 here lol

tcman88 says:

Hulu Plus and Tmobile Official tile color. Is this a tmobile us version?

Wishful thinking. There are a few AT&T apps visible on the screen. It even says AT&T. Death star & all.

Montpbm says:

All of those geniuses sitting at Microsoft that's the best multitasking kill app solution you all can come up with when y'all put your heads together!?

newfreeg says:

Internet explorer uses x's to close tabs

and you think it looks good in Multitasking view? it's acceptable in IE tab because you are presented with all the tabs in one single view but this is multitasking view it looks ugly as hell to be honest.. do microsoft even read the the suggestions on windows phone uservoice??

jmerrey says:

Those ridges at the bottom appear to be the same as that leak a week ago that was supposedly a smart watch...

WilliamC1972 says:

Will this work on T Mobile's network?

myrandex says:

This just in, TMobile uses GSM, same as ATT...so yes it will.

WilliamC1972 says:

I know that. Lol.... Does anyone knows if this phone is compatible with, T Mobiles 4g and LTE frequencies?

Duffau says:

I believe T-Mobile uses the same lte band as att (I have lte on my unlocked att 1020, running on T-Mobile). I live in a refarmed area so I have 4g as well. If you're asking about AWS, I'm almost positive it doesn't have it.

cybermoose89 says:

Hurry up and unleash the beast already ! XD

rodneyej says:

Lol❕... You sure you want me to unleash all six inches❔.... Patients my brother, and I will gift you all soon..

Apple fans only have 3.8" to unleash.

Unleash the beast?? Ahem.. :P

cybermoose89 says:

I do believe my comment was taken out of context naughty lot on here on about the 1520 -_-

husam2277 says:

IPS display not AMOLED? is this strong rumor?

RyanAMG says:

I hope the 929 for Verizon is same size.

rodneyej says:

Nope.. You know it's not Ryan.

It's not. That's a foregone conclusion, we've seen the FCC filing. Now, what I'd like to know is if it has the specs...

Credo93 says:

Notice the round corners? The previous leaks don't had round corners ... Correct me if i'm wrong but i also think that screen size is much bigger then 6"

JG333 says:

Can't wait to have the 1520! Just cracked the screen on my 920 over the weekend and getting a new one today. Horrible timing as the 1520 is so close to being released.

rpm5101 says:

I shattered the screen on my L920 last week as well. :( I think the drop was really hard because ever since, people are having a lot of trouble hearing me while on the phone. They say I sound very muffled...I might have actually damaged the mic in it.

DonnaxNL says:

Can't wait for GDR3, Windows Phone finally becomes mature.

rodneyej says:

I would give that title to 8.1..

ejlee072006 says:

Still no notification center or hub.. Although the live tiles are useful, its still a game of MISSED and CATCH..until that im skipping any phone release.i was excited about this phone until I started using an ios7 the notification center is very useful. Im just saying

rodneyej says:

That's dumb to skip buying this phone,,, because we all know those features are coming in a future update..........

Yes we all know because......wait, we DON'T know because nothing has been announced.

moc426 says:

I can imagine having to hold the phone with one hand while the other reaches for the X to close an app, with a such a big screen that is really difficult to do one handed, they should of had slide down like in windows 8.

rodneyej says:

I like the slide down better as well...

Philip Weber says:

lol the app screen in the multitask menu is as large as the whole iphone screen in that one pic.  Amazing.  I need this phone yesterday!

rodneyej says:

I must have this,, NOW❕❕... I'll give up sex for a week....

In Limbo says:

Hype much? lolol.

Wouldn't think that is very hard to do for a guy like you

rodneyej says:

Lol.. Looks like you're the new NIST❕❕... Wherever he is... I hope he's OK.. He usually taunts me on every comment.. Lol❕❕

Nah man I taunt everybody equally. I dont want anyone to feel left out.

ThatsAwesome says:

Wow... That is big... Really big...

Ronnet says:

Meh, Windows Phone 8 doesn't look as nice on such a large screen. It loses it's simplicity which seems to work against it's unique selling point. No wonder Windows 8 tweaked the tile UI to accomendate the larger screens of tablets and PCs. I hope Windows Phone 8.1 is going to improve on this. Create the sweetspot between WP8's and Windows 8's UI.

sickleykey says:

One of the features I would love to see is restoring the home screen when the phone is reset. Currently only applications are downloaded but the home screen is lost. Also another feature I would die for is ability to rearrange home screen from desktop interface and which gets streamed over when the phone is synced.

rick98761 says:

Won't having an IPS screen make glance a huge battery drain?

euichii says:

I think not. Battery life is still great with my L720. IPS screen.

Well, 800x480 isn't as much of a power drain as 1080p, I would imagine.

rick98761 says:

While using the glance feature from amber? It turns the screen on a lot. Amoled is nice for that feature because it doesn't have a backlight and can turn on just the few needed pixels.

Stadifer says:

Not sure if it is the angle but it appears to be thinner than the iPhone 4S (at least I assume that is the gen iPhone in the shot). Which would be awesome because Nokia phones are notoriously thick which drives me crazy.

Once my contract is up with Verizon im jumping ship to AT&T and grabbing the the model after this one. I think im done with little 7in tablets. Going to go with Surface 2/Surface Mini and Windows Phone "Phablet."

PeadarWagon says:

That's where I'm at too.

Jf.Vigor says:

Not amoled? Serious? I envy the 820 because of its amoled screen and I was happy to get the 1520 because of it and now I see it won't have it. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

pmich says:

Looks awesome!!  it makes the iphone look miniscule in comparison.  Definitely loving the size of this phone.

I REALLY hope that there is a surprise device on the 22nd. They can't really expect everyone to either go with a 6-inch device or sign a contract on a 920 or 925 that runs on hardware almost 2 years old, can they?

jason8957 says:

920 has not even been out a year yet.

EricMarsi says:

I hope you guts realized that this isn't the 1520, compare these photos to the ones with the black and white screen with black tiles, looks too much like the corners off my Lumia 928 and hopefully it means this is yet another Verizon phone onto of the 929

Bring the Xpress Music Glee. This thing is too big.

mictic49 says:

Blah, blah, boring. Cant wait to switch from windows phone to an android...so old...fallen out of love with this phone:/

marantaz says:

Ok someone give us an article that goes over all the rumors before the big reveal on 10/22. Whowhatwhere. Which carrier is getting what device and what is that device supposed to be. I can't keep it all in my head!

CSJr1 says:

Is it me or is the Back Home and Search capacitive buttons too close together in the 1520?  I thought for a while that it was because it was a prototype, but now it seems it is that way to stay.
Look closely and they even look closer together than the 920.

Nǐ hǎo Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Lumia...
Zàijiàn lil pissant iPwn...

jehugo says:

That seems larger than 6". I um... measured....

navidee says:

Wow. That thing is ridiculously large...glad I bought my 1020 instead now!

HackAtak says:

OK, so when is the release date on this beautiful phone/tablet?  I love my LUMIA 920, but this one will garner alot of attention...

xyronaut says:

I still cant understand the needs of phablet or other phones larger than 4.5". Maybe its just me & my little hands.

Alpo714 says:

Does anyone know if this device will come unlocked? Im currently with Tmo and I don't plan on moving over to ATT but would really love to have this phone. Thoughts?