Microsoft released its first-quarter earnings (yeah, they're on their own timetable) today. Here's the deal:
- Revenue of $12.92 billion, down 14 percent from the first quarter (the three months ending Sept. 30) of 2008.
- Operating income was down 25 percent over Q1 2008, to $4.48 billion.
- Net income was $3.57 billion, down 18 percent from Q1 2008.
- Diluted earnings per share were 40 cents, down 17 percent.
- Some $1.47 billion of revenue was deferred because of the Windows 7 upgrade Option program. If you add that back into the tally, revenue would have totaled $14.39 billion, a 4 percent drop from Q1 2008.
Peep the full presser after the break.