We first saw CoPilot GPS for Windows Phone 8 back at Mobile World Congress. Over the last few weeks, the app entered into final testing and tonight, the app is finally available for download.
The popular navigation app brings yet-another solid choice to Windows Phone users who are looking for a concrete driving solution. Truth be told, we’ve been using the app for a few weeks now and have been quite impressed with its bold graphics, traffic integration (we really like the traffic bar to the right), voice navigation (yes, some of the voices even announce street names) and overall “smartness” of the app, including a ton of various configurations.
CoPilot is itself free with some limited features and the company has embraced the in-app purchase model where you buy features as you go and as you need, rather than plonking down $20, $30 or $40 for the whole app with all the tools, whether you use them or not. We understand some don’t like IAP but we’re big fans of the À la carte model for software in 2013.
Other features of the app include:
- Premium quality 2D street maps stored on-board your phone for offline use
- Powerful door to door route planning with multi-stop trip optimizer
- Millions of Points of Interest
- Alternate Routes: choice of up to 3 ways to your destination
- Driving directions: manually scroll through the turns to your destination
- Walking mode: explore unfamiliar cities without data roaming
- 14 days FREE use of full voice-guided navigation and ActiveTraffic™ features.
IN-APP UPGRADE TO VOICE-GUIDED NAVIGATION
- Upgrade to full in-car navigation features via in-app purchase and enjoy unlimited use of turn-by-turn guidance with voice instructions, 3D maps, speed limit warnings, ClearTurn™ display, lane indicator arrows and much more!
- Download any ONE of the following for free: US + Canada; UK + Ireland; Balkans; BeNeLux, Russia; DACH; France; Greece; Iberia; Italy; Nordics; Poland; Romania; Turkey; Ukraine, Southern Africa; Australia + New Zealand; Brazil; Middle East/GCC.
- Traveling abroad? You can add extra map regions through in-app purchase
Sounds like something you may be interested in? Then check out our quick hands on of the app above or just head to the Store here to download the app yourself. Sound off in comments on your thoughts!