There really is no better place to buy a new ultrabook, tablet or PC than from the Microsoft Store. Sure you can buy products online, but having access to a physical store is great for that instant gratification of picking up your new gadget. You’ll only find those brick-and-mortar stores in select malls across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Those in the United States are also set to get 11 new Microsoft Specialty Stores throughout the month of May. Locations and details below.
First off, what’s a Microsoft Specialty Store vs. a Microsoft Store? Think of those specialty stores as popup shops. These are semi-permanent locations in your local mall where you’ll find a curated selection of the best Microsoft products. Microsoft Stores on the other hand are permanent locations with a much larger selection of products. Still, a Microsoft Specialty Store is better than nothing and will be a great place to get the best PCs.
Here are the 11 new locations coming and their opening date.
- North Point Mall - Alpharetta, GA - May 3
- The Oaks - Thousand Oaks, CA - May 13
- Park Place - Tucson, AZ - May 13
- Jordan Creek Town Center - Des Moines, IA - May 13
- FlatIron Crossing - Broomfield, CO - May 15
- North Star Mall - San Antonio, TX - May 15
- Westroads Mall - Omaha, NE - May 15
- The Mall in Columbia - Columbia, MD - May 17
- The Maine Mall - S Portland, ME - May 17
- Mall of Louisiana - Baton Rouge, LA - May 17
- Boise Towne Square - Boise, ID - May 17
Sorry George, none in Birmingham this time around...
If you find yourself around one of these malls you’ll want to be there on opening day. Microsoft is planning on exclusive offers for the grand opening day and there will be prizes at each location.
Anyone near these malls thinking of going to them on opening day? Sound off and let us know.