It feels like it was just earlier today that Rudy had last updated 6snap, his Windows Phone client for Snapchat, to version 1.3.1 in the Windows Phone Store. That’s because it was. Which makes the fact that version 1.4 is already out all the more awesome. Let’s check out what’s new in the latest (and presumably greatest) version of 6snap yet.
Earlier today version 1.3.1 of 6snap rolled out. It was notable for featuring improved image quality, two new languages (traditional Chinese and Swedish) and the usability of the home screen during a phone call was improved. So what’s in version 1.4 of the app? Here’s what:
- Filter unread snaps
- Increase upload speed
- Change snap counter behavior (only count unstarted snaps)
- No need to wait the end of the countdown to reply
- Be able to reply to a 'not friend' user
- Improve picture quality for Lumia 1520 & 1020
- Improve image cropping when no text is added
- Add right-to-left scripts support and Arabian language
Boom. Just like that two 6 updates in the same day for the same app. Faster upload speeds are always welcomed happily. Plus Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520 owners will be happy to have better picture quality when using 6snap. You can also filter unread snaps using the little funnel on the top right in the message section.
Hit up the Windows Phone Store to download 6snap for free. QR code below too if you’re into that.
Thanks to Darren C and everyone else for the tip!