geoDefense Mango update adds Live tiles and more
geoDefense Swarm is out now and doing quite well, if reader comments and my own enjoyment are any indication. But the original geoDefense, which also happened to be the first good tower defense game on Xbox Live for Windows Phone, is still loved by many. As such, Critical Thought Games recently released an update to make geoDefense even better for current and future consumers.
geoDefense version 1.4 release notes:
- 60fps on devices that support it (previous cap was 30fps)
- Live Tile (pin the game tile to the home screen, will flip to show progress)
- Live Secondary Tile (hold down on level in list and it'll make a quick-jump live tile on home screen)
- Supports Fast Application Switching
- Fixed a bug with the targeting logic of locked laser towers (This was a big deal on some levels.)
Mango features are the standout additions. Many of us swear by Fast App Switching, so it’s great to see another popular Live game add that support. If only they would all follow suit (*cough, Plants vs. Zombies, cough*). Can’t go wrong with Live Tiles, either.