Right now the NFL preseason is underway. Football teams across the United States are gearing up for the 2013 seasons that kickoffs on September 5 with last year’s Super Bowl champs the Baltimore Ravens. If you’re outside the United States you’ll probably read the headline, roll your eyes, and move on. For the rest of you, there’s a redesigned NFL Mobile app for Windows Phone just in time for the new season. Let’s check it out.
NFL Mobile for Windows Phone 8 is available for everyone, but Verizon customers look to be getting a special perk. Let’s first check out the features available to everyone. Here’s what you’ll be doing with NFL Mobile.
- Scores – Receive up-to-the minute NFL game score updates from around the league
- Custom team alerts – Follow your favorite team and get customized alerts – including injury updates, highlights, game start times, entry into the red zone, and scoring plays
- Fantasy Football– Manage your NFL.com fantasy team directly in the app
- Video Highlights – Watch highlights after the game
- And more – Check team standings, stats, rosters and schedules, play along during Thursday Night Football and A Football Life with the Xtra companion, browse the NFL.com shop, find game tickets, or read expert analysis wherever you are
We fired up the app on our Lumia 925 and are digging the new digs of NFL Mobile. You can sign in with your NFL.com account and it’ll populate the app with your favorite teams from the get go. Speaking of favorite teams, the app will notify you of nearly anything related to your team. Pretty handy if you’re a diehard fan.
So what do Verizon customers get with the app? Here’s what:
- Premium features – Verizon customers can upgrade to Premium Features to gain access to live streams of NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoons, live NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday Nights, live game audio, live NFL.com webcasts and NFL Network 24/7.
Since I’m not on Verizon Wireless I can’t comment much how these premium features perform in the app. I’m on T-Mobile with the Lumia 925, so the area of the app with these premium features won’t load. If you’re rocking something like the Lumia 928 on Verizon be sure to let us know below how the features work.
NFL Mobile is free for Windows Phone 8 users. It is ad-supported. Grab it here in the Store, use the QR code below, or swipe to the right in our app.
Now for the big question. Who is winning the Super Bowl this year?
Via: Windows Phone Blog