GroupMe jumps to Windows Phone 8 with v4.1
The popular Windows Phone messaging app GroupMe has made the move to Windows Phone. The version 4.1 adds Windows Phone 8 support, a brand new start screen with animated tiles, and a few under the hood tweaks to give the app a little more speed.
For those not familiar with GroupMe, key features include:
- Start groups with the people already in your contacts… no need to remember usernames or PINs
- Whenever you or anyone else in the group sends a message, everyone receives it. The conversation starts instantly
- The app uses your data connection by default, but when you have a poor connection, you can switch to receiving messages via SMS to avoid missing messages
- Share photos inline—take them on-the-go or choose from ones you've already taken.
- Send a direct message to anyone who has the GroupMe app for free.
GroupMe is a free app for your Windows Phone and you can find it here at the Windows Phone Store.