Xbox Music has been updated! Microsoft is doing good on their word to give the app bi-weekly updates. The last update was two weeks ago and today we're staring at the latest version in the Windows Phone Store. Read on to find out what's in version 22.214.171.124 of Xbox Music.
This marks the sixth update for the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Music app. Here's what you'll find in version 126.96.36.199:
- Improvements to how the app behaves under poor connectivity conditions.
- Improved download error handling so that messages are less frequent and more clear.
- When your phone is charging, the app will update your collection from the flash or SD card in the background.
- Addressed 70 functional bugs.
Here are some of those 70 bugs that have been fixed in this update: - Unexpected playlist/playlist item duplications appearing. - Downloads not resuming after a network connection was lost and regained. - Purchased songs appearing twice in the collection. - Showing "looking for music" when nothing had changed.
A massive update that greatly improves the speed of Xbox Music. A major complaint that a lot of you have had since getting your hands on Windows Phone 8.1.
Here's what Microsoft details as coming to Xbox Music in future releases:
- Performance – we're continuing to invest in improving the responsiveness of the app.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid's Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
We can't wait to see all the changes and improvements Microsoft has planned for Xbox Music.
You can download the app and let us know what you think of today's update!
Via: Xbox Music UserVoice
Thanks for the tips everyone! You can stop now :p