Microsoft today confirmed that the Lumia 635 will be available in the UK on July 3. The super-affordable Windows Phone with the latest version of the OS will set consumers back £119.99 and will be available through EE, Vodafone, Three, Phones 4u, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco and Amazon. To lend a hand with personalizing the device, a number of changeable shells will be launched in bright orange, green and yellow, along with matte black and white.
This announcement matches what UK retailer Unlocked Mobiles has displayed on its website with stock expected on the same day. It's a neat Windows Phone and one we expect many will snap up due to the 4G LTE support. Here's a handy store link to Phones 4u, in case you're looking to pre-order the Windows Phone.
Let us know if you'll be picking up a Lumia 635 in the comments.
Nokia Lumia 635 available in the UK from July 3
The most affordable 4G Lumia smartphone packs a wealth of innovation and super-fast connected experiences
On sale in the UK from the 3rd July, this newest addition to the Lumia Windows Phone family comes with the latest 8.1 software and delivers an unrivalled affordable smartphone experience with lightning-fast 4G connectivity, quad-core processing and a 4.5" LCD screen from only £119.99.
The Lumia 635 adds to the leading personalisation brought by Windows Phone 8.1, making it quicker and easier for people to connect with the things they love online with a combination of award-winning design and experiences found on high-end Lumia smartphones:
- 4G LTE connectivity and a quad-core Snapdragon processor that deliver fast, uncompromised social experiences with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
- The Lumia 635 showcases a new dual-layered polycarbonate design that glows, with changeable shells available in bold new colours bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- Entertainment from Xbox games, free MixRadio streaming and Storyteller reach new heights on the 4.5" screen, which offers better viewing angles and visibility in bright conditions.
- Innovative features include; one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Lumia 635 a great tool for work and play.
- New SensorCore functionality brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- A wealth of storage options are available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB using a microSD card, to easily and quickly save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps.
"Building around the excitement of the 630 launch, we are delighted to announce the Lumia 635", said Conor Pierce, VP of Microsoft Devices for the UK & Ireland, "This powerful 4G device boasts quad-core processing and the uncompromised Windows 8.1 experience which is all packed into a beautiful design at an affordable price point."
Also widely available today is the colourful Bluetooth Mini Speaker, which connects wirelessly using the new easy to use Device Hub app, plays for up to 15 hours and transforms almost any surface into big-sounding bass. It's the perfect accessory to help people get the most from MixRadio streaming, videos and games, and also functions as a convenient speaker phone for conference calls on the move.
The Lumia 635 is expected to be available in the UK with Vodafone, EE, 3, Phones4U, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Tesco and Amazon from July 3rd. The Lumia 635 will be available in orange, green and matte black.