No, your eyes do not deceive you. Microsoft has indeed slashed the price of its annual Windows Phone Dev Center subscription, which is now available for just $19. The subscription enables developers (or those who are looking to start developing) to access to a personal dashboard, some handy tools and the ability to submit and publish apps and games to the Windows Phone Store. Sweet!
So what exactly do you get for the $19? Check this out:
- Get free development tools, including a phone emulator to test your app
- Explore code samples and all the information in our developer library
- Read tips about selling your app
- Review our policy guidelines and certification requirements
- See tips and guidelines for creating apps that reflect the beauty of our design concepts
- Create apps with trial options
- Enable in-app purchasing, so customers can buy things within your app
- Test your app with a real phone
- Submit free and paid apps to the Store
- Distribute your app around the world and set country/region-specific price tiers
- Watch your progress and manage your apps in a personalized dashboard
- Ask questions, share advice, or talk with other Windows Phone developer
The promotion is only available from today until August 27th in countries where Dev Center registration is available. So head on over and join the Windows Phone Dev Center today and take advantage of the promotional offer!
Thanks, Kim, for the tip!