Microsoft's Windows Phone monthly photo contest
Microsoft's Monthly Photo Contest - Favorite Places
Last month, Microsoft launched a monthly Windows Phone photo contest where the subject matter of the pictures changed from month to month. It's a great opportunity to showcase our Windows Phone cameras. Last month the theme was pets and this month the theme shifts to favorite places.
Winning photos will be featured on the Windows Phone Blog and across Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest channels.
Send your photo entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with information on which Windows Phone you used, any photo apps you used to edit the image and a two-three sentence description. Additional directions for entry submissions is as follows:
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CONTEST: FAVORITE PLACES”.
- The photo you send must have been taken with and edited on a Windows Phone.
- Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included. If the photo has been edited, please let us know which apps/settings you used.
- Please name your file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Pets”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenPets.JPG.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos.
- One entry per person, please.
You can find all the contest rules here.
This month's contest runs until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday, October 7, 2012. After the contest deadline, Windows Phone Blog officials will look over all of your entries and choose our favorites. Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes on us.
Microsoft had some great winning photos last month from the pet theme and it will be interesting to see all the images Microsoft will discover from our favorite places.
Source: Windows Team Blog