More WP 7.5 features: Lync, Threaded and pinned email
We're digging this pattern of leak on Sunday, more news on Monday thing, in regarding our super-massive Windows Phone 7.5/'Mango' update coming this fall.
As if yesterday's news wasn't enough, yes there's more as revealed today by the Windows Phone Blog called "Productivity takes a big step forward in Mango". The post highlights a few new business/corporate features that will sure make users even more happy, including:
- Pinnable email folders: Pin a folder to the start screen for quick access. This could be an email folder for a specific project, from a specific group or person (like your boss), or an RSS feed you’ve set up in Outlook.
- Conversation view in email: Emails in your inbox are organized by conversation, bringing replies to a thread into a consolidated view so it’s faster and easier to stay on top of the conversation.
- Server search: Search your email server (e.g. Exchange Server) for older emails no longer stored on your phone, giving you ready access to all of your mail.
- Lync: Lync Mobile brings the Lync experience to Windows Phone customers by delivering Unified Communications capabilities, including instant messaging and the ability to see the presence of your co-workers. The Lync app will be a free download from Windows Phone Marketplace and will be enabled with support from your business organization.
- Complex (alpha-numeric) password support
- Information Rights Management
- Support for access to hidden corporate Wi-Fi networks
And guess what? They're still not done with all the new features in WP7.5, meaning we can expect further info coming in the next few months. Plus we're getting a "VIP early look" at Mango next week, with hopefully some hands on...
Source: Windows Phone Blog