Nextgen Reader updated to version 3.1 with new features
Nextgen Reader, an RSS app for Windows Phone, has been updated to version 3.1, which introduces a number of features, bug fixes, and enhancements. The app enables users to keep up-to-date with favourite sources of information, with support for Google Reader.
The app was previously bumped to version 3.0 back in May, adding a new tutorial to get users started who may not be familiar with the app. So what's new in 3.1? The "my feeds" section has disappeared, with all feed management moved to the main screen. Smarter article viewing is available for when viewing articles with a view button present to turn the content mobile-friendly.
Full list of highlights from this latest update:
- Smarter article view i.e. share/save/email/mobilise current opened link instead of original article.
- Dynamic subscriptions hub with featured section to find latest and popular feeds.
- Tap and hold to edit/pin/delete a subscription from main page.
- Pin to start (live tile) experience.
- Improved sharing on Facebook with embedded links.
- Always use HTTPS for sync. as default
- Fixed always sort starred items by newest first.
- Fixed Twitter authentication bug.
- Several more bug fixes and app enhancements.
You can download NextGen Reader from the Marketplace for $2.49 (£1.49).