Nokia Lumia 710 slated for 8107 OS update & Lumia 800 changelog appears
Nokia has finally finished up a ROM and firmware update for the Lumia 710 for India and Singapore (we also see one for Brazil's TIM network on their servers). This next update will finally bring the Windows Phone 8107 OS update which address the disappearing keyboard issue as well as security flaws. In addition, the firmware will fix the end-call bug and bring the ever vague ""minor performance and usability improvements".
Unfortunately, this update is dependent on "market requests" meaning we don't know who else will get this, though T-Mobile would seem to be a likely candidate (they did push out 8107 for the HTC Radar recently and the Lumia 710 is still rocking the old 7740 OS). We'll keep an ear out for any rumblings.
Likewise, the Lumia 800 is currently getting the 12070 firmware update which we detailed the other day. That too has an official changelog which is similar to what we reported. That update also is dependent upon "market request" so we'll just have to wait and see who gets it:
- Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance
- Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen
- Improved bass in audio performance
- Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels
- Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending