NXP Semiconductors has just released an app in the Marketplace that allows engineers to browse and buy more than 10,000 products parts from NXP‘s High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Products portfolio. The Dutch manufacturer, who has also created apps for Android and iOS, is the first semiconductor company to make their products available via a Windows Phone application.
"We're very pleased to welcome Windows Phone users to our mobile app community. The feedback to our mobile apps for iPhone and Android has been tremendous, and we are delighted to take the lead once again in introducing our complete product catalog on a leading mobile OS, Windows Phone -- enabling customers to make selections and purchases anytime, anywhere. However you prefer to review technical information -- whether it's via mobile apps, datasheets, white papers, design guides, online forums, newsletters, social media networks, webinars or videos -- NXP is committed to helping you quickly find exactly what you need," said Sander Arts, vice president of marketing and communications, NXP Semiconductors.
Features of the NXP Windows Application:
- Engineers can browse and search the database of NXP products by product functions and part numbers to get product specifications. Product datasheets, application and packaging information are also available at the click of a finger tip.
- Customers can order product parts using this application. By placing products directly into a shopping cart, they will be directed to online stores of NXP's worldwide distribution partners to complete the transaction within minutes.
- Engineers are able to share product specifications by emails or social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter.
- The "My Favorite" function allows engineers to keep track of product types that they are interested in.
- "About NXP" provides the overview of NXP's worldwide sales offices, distribution networks and access to online technical support form.
You can download it here for free.
Source: MSNBC; Thanks for the tip, Rodney!