Official: Sprint HTC Arrive to get Mango today
We've seen it in the wild and now Sprint's official support page just went up detailing the Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update. The new software version is confirmed as being 2305.13.40301.651 and should be going live today.
"Last Updated: Sep 27, 2011 - Just like your computer, your phone's software needs to be updated periodically to make sure you have all the latest fixes and enhancements to keep it running at optimal performance. Follow the steps below to check your current version and perform any needed updates."
- Threads – Lets you switch between Text, Facebook chat, and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation.
- Groups – Organizes your contacts into personalized Live Tiles for status updates on Start and to quickly send a text, email, or IM to the whole group.
- Social Network Integration - Integrate Twitter and LinkedIn feeds into contact cards.
- Linked Inbox - View multiple email accounts in one linked inbox.
- Hands-free messaging - Built-in voice-to-text and text-to-voice to support hands-free texting or chatting.
- Live Tiles - Improved Live Tiles let you receive real-time information from apps without having to open them.
- Multitasking - Lets you switch between Apps that are running and enables apps to run in the background to help preserve battery life and performance.
- Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 7 - Includes an Internet browser based on Internet Explorer 9 including support for HTML5.
- Local Scout - Pinpoint search results and recommendations for nearby restaurants, shopping, and activities.
- Bing Enhancements- Includes Bing Vision, Music Search, and Voice.
- Quick Cards - Get a quick summary of relevant information including related apps.
The rest of the piece details all the new enhancements and features of Mango (without actually ever calling it that) and gives instructions on how to check and install the update via the Zune desktop software.
Once again, Sprint, although quiet on the matter has once again come through and delievered a timely update (the last was the security fix). This makes the Arrive an even better phone and we're sure their customers will be excited to try out the new Mango feautres. Now if they can just get some new Generation 2 phones...
Source: Sprint Support; Big thanks, Jetface, for the tip!