Pictures Lab moves up to version 2.0
Described as the Swiss Army Knife of photo apps for your Windows Phone, Pictures Lab has recently been updated to version 2.0. Along with the customary performance tweaks, here are the new features that the update adds to the mix.
- Added 11 borders, which can be applied on top of an effect and work with any aspect ratio
- Added an integrated Facebook photo upload functionality
- Added the new HDR effect
- Added 3 new vintage effects: Koda, 1991 and Kolor
- Reduced the vignette of most vintage effects, since the phopt was too dark most of the times
- Reordered the effects preview list
- Added Twitter's own, new image service. It's NOT the default Twitter image service since Twitter has some bugs at the moment. The used image service can be changed in the Settings.
Another nice feature of version 2.0 is that it is compatible with both NoDo and Mango devices.
In just tinkering with Pictures Lab for a short period, it comes across as a very simple yet effective photo enhancement app. Filters and effects are previewed in thumbnails, making it easy to choose what direction you want to take your photo. Adding the Facebook and Twitter integration makes it easier to share your photos when your through adjusting them.
There is a free trial version available for Pictures Lab with the full version running $1.99. You can download both here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.
Thanks Rene for sharing this with us!