Pikchur snaps its way into the Marketplace
Pikchur has found its way to Windows Phone 7, designed by IQ, and it's a stunning example of Metro UI implementation. Pikchur for Windows Phone is their first mobile application (minus integration with other apps on competitor platforms) and this bold move will pay off with the app proving to be very popular already.
The visual look and feel of the app is superb, responsiveness is instant and supported networks (which you can actively enable/disable per photo upload) is impressive. A quick run down of some intriguing features supported in Pikchur:
- Live Tile shows your most recent photo as a Pikchur branded tile on the start screen
- Picture Hub integration allows you to quickly send a photo to the Pikchur application
- Bing Map Integration allows you to visualize photo geo-tag information
- Pivot controls organize photo detail information and comments for easy viewing
- Picture and location privacy options provide you with control over your photos and information
- Facebook and Twitter integration allows you to start connecting with services
- Toggle controls allow you to turn on and off social network/micro-blogging accounts to share a photo with particular services only
- Available in 5 different languages
We will be bringing a full review sometime soon. For now, check out the video after the break and download the app from the Martketplace (Zune link).