For those of you who use Reddit.com, the social news aggregation site, you may have heard us pimping the Windows Phone client Baconit in the past. It's one of a few clients available for Windows Phone and while the others are certainly solid we've been fond of this one partly due to the frequency of updates.
A mere four months after its premier we're getting v2.0 with new options, aspects of it re-written for optimization and other new tweaks. Here are the main changes:
- Added Recent tiles
- Added .gif support
- Made subreddit list scroll larger
- Viewed stories now have a different title color to indicate what has already been seen.
- Endless scrolling work 100% of the time
- Made first comment bar color much brighter than the others
- Pressing up vote or down vote after it is already now neutralizes the vote
- Main user account now also show liked, disliked, and hidden
- Fixed returning to the wrong Image
- New and better live tiles features
- Much of the app's code was rewritten
- Bug Fixes
- Sooooo much more :)
- There's actually more stuff which you can find here in the full change log.
Baconit is of course still free with no ads making it a rare gem on the Windows Phone Marketplace. There's also a "donation" version which has the same feature set but you get the nice fuzzy feeling of making the dev happy (plus you got 2.0 nearly a week early), so if you enjoy Baconit consider that version.
Oh and if you're a Reddit fan, you may notice on the main site for WPCentral, we now have Reddit submit buttons with up/down arrows. So go nuts, submit our stories and give us some 'up boats'.