Release the narwhals! Reddit client Baconit gets up voted to 2.0 with loads of new features.
For those of you who use Reddit.com, the social news aggregation site, you may have heard us pimping the Windows Phone client Baconit in the past. It's one of a few clients available for Windows Phone and while the others are certainly solid we've been fond of this one partly due to the frequency of updates.
A mere four months after its premier we're getting v2.0 with new options, aspects of it re-written for optimization and other new tweaks. Here are the main changes:
- Added Recent tiles
- Added .gif support
- Made subreddit list scroll larger
- Viewed stories now have a different title color to indicate what has already been seen.
- Endless scrolling work 100% of the time
- Made first comment bar color much brighter than the others
- Pressing up vote or down vote after it is already now neutralizes the vote
- Main user account now also show liked, disliked, and hidden
- Fixed returning to the wrong Image
- New and better live tiles features
- Much of the app's code was rewritten
- Bug Fixes
- Sooooo much more :)
- There's actually more stuff which you can find here in the full change log.
Baconit is of course still free with no ads making it a rare gem on the Windows Phone Marketplace. There's also a "donation" version which has the same feature set but you get the nice fuzzy feeling of making the dev happy (plus you got 2.0 nearly a week early), so if you enjoy Baconit consider that version.
Oh and if you're a Reddit fan, you may notice on the main site for WPCentral, we now have Reddit submit buttons with up/down arrows. So go nuts, submit our stories and give us some 'up boats'.