The popular Windows Phone Twitter app Rowi has undergone a major update. Version 2.0 brings a decent amount of enhancements, improvements and tweaks to Rowi as well as Mangofying the app.
Here are the highlights of the version 2.0 update:
- Instant resume
- Fast app switching
- Pin tweets and messages to the Start Screen
- Retweets are now included in the list timelines
- Photo previews for tweets in timelines
- Conversation views on tweet details page
- Tweet details now show who retweeted it
- Now Playing added to the tweet screen to let you tweet about what you're listening to
- Image upload services through Lockerz, yfrog, Twitter and Twitpic
- Toast notifications now display inside of Rowi and take you to the new tweets when tapped
- New remaining character counter for new tweets or messages
And that just scratches the surface. You also have settings changes to make things a little simpler to tweak, layout changes to make things easier to navigate and read, as well as the customary refinements and bug fixes. You can find the full list of changes, improvements, and additions over at Rowi's website.
The update makes a good Twitter client for your Windows Phone better. Rowi is a nice looking, well laid out app and if you're looking for a Twitter client, Rowi deserves a try.
There are two versions of Rowi available. You have Rowi Lite that is a free, ad-supported version that lacks toast notifications, live tile updates for mentions or messages. Rowi, which is ad-free and will cost you $2.99. There is a free trial version of the ad-free version available to let you try before you buy. The trial version lacks the notifications but is ad-supported (basically the Lite version).
Thanks, everyone, for the tip!