Siri-like app for Windows Phone, Ask Ziggy, gets another major update
While we don't have Siri (and Woz misses it) we do have Ask Ziggy which is getting closer and closer to Apple's AI. Some of the last few updates were interesting for Ziggy but the one for today comes across as stabilizing in addition to adding a few new features:
- Live Calendar integration
- Fixed annoying pop-ups ("query canceled", etc...)
- New toggle to add/remove secondary Reminders tile
- Yelp integration local and remote with multiple tappable areas on results
- Improved splash screen animation
- Fixed greeting issue + mic states
- Improved overall performance
- Search Tweets by topic "Tweets for NFL Combine"
We've been throwing lots of questions at it and the results seem more accurate (and quicker too) than in previous versions. The Live Calendar integration looks to be a huge bonus for many of you who need to make appointments and the search Tweets feature is certainly a new twist. Using Yelp for search results should also help you find that local bar or coffee shop too.
Overall, we're impressed with the update and seeing as the app is still free (and ad free) we so no reason for you to not try it. And if you have tried it in the past, you may want to re-download it and give version 2.3 a spin.
Hit us up on comments if you're seeing any improvements or have some tips to make it better. Grab Azk Ziggy here in the Windows Phone Marketplace. Thanks, Vishal, for the tip!