App updates make the world go round. Today we’re looking at a slew of Windows 8.1 apps from Microsoft that have been bumped. Skype and all the various Bing apps (Weather, Sports, Health & Fitness, etc) have been updated. Let’s see what’s new.
Head into the Windows Store and you’ll see Skype sitting at version 188.8.131.521. The update isn’t major, but does bring a few features to make the overall experience a lot better. Here’s what’s new:
- Favorites sync across devices – You’ll have the same list of favorite contacts synced across all your devices
- Less scrolling – Your favorites and recent conversations take up less space so you easily see your entire contact
Download Skype from the Windows Store.
We’re seeing updates for all the Bing apps. Unfortunately, there’s no accompanying changelog that we’re seeing. This could just be the regular round of bug fixes and performance improvements. Nonetheless, install the updates and let us know if you see anything new or different or improved.
- Download Bing Health & Fitness from the Windows Store.
- Download Weather from the Windows Store.
- Download Bing Sports from the Windows Store.
- Download Bing Travel from the Windows Store.
- Download Bing News from the Windows Store.
- Download Bing Finance from the Windows Store.
Nothing major for the Bing apps, but give them update and share any changes you notice.
Thanks for the tip Chad08er!