Looks like Resco is finally turning its attention to the aging Photo Viewer app, which while very popular and powerful has become quite dated in terms of UI (see our earlier review).
In their forums (via ppcgeeks) they are showing off their "alpha" version, meaning this is very early in development. Having said that, we gave it a spin on our Treo Pro and, darn it all ... the thing runs very well.
What can you expect? How about it is very fast in terms of the UI and loading photos, the UI is gorgeous and very intuitive. We especially like the easy zoom feature and the much-needed "touch" interaction.
- G-sensor support
- Touch friendlyness
- The folder shows the preview of the pictures inside it
- 100% zoom in and out using double clicking (zoom the double clicked area)
- Thumbnail and list view and multiselection operations
- Direct access to the camera
- Upload to Facebook, Flickr
Normally we steer you guys clear of betas, let alone alphas, but in this case we're going to have to give a thumbs up as it seems quite stable and harmless (it's about 2mb for the install.). Take a peek after the break for a few screenshots.
Exe installation file | Cab installation file