Third-party Windows Phone YouTube client, PrimeTube, released
Applyf are pleased to announce that the much anticipated YouTube client PrimeTube is now available on the Marketplace. We previously took the app for a spin in a preview of the client and immediately noticed the heavy Metro focus. So what's great about PrimeTube? Features include:
- Search for videos; filter and sort results.
- Like/Dislike videos, read and reply to comments.
- Pin videos, playlists and authors (featuring live tile support) for instant access.
- Share videos via social networks, email and SMS.
- Create playlists and manage your subscriptions.
- Complete music + video hub integration.
- Multi-region support.
- Supports Fast-App Switching.
Applyf states that the app adheres to the YouTube ToS and will be updated when API changes are published. The next version is already in the works, which will see video recording / direct uploading support, upload queue management (with background transfers and notifications), list of live events, as well as a number of minor bug fixes in the subscriptions section.
What's also interesting about PrimeTube is that the app is complete free, with no advertisements. Just 100% pure Metro enjoyment. Be sure to follow the team on Twitter, and download PrimeTube from the Marketplace.