UC Browser, an alternative web browser for Windows Phone, has recently been updated to version 2.8. The developer has been busy pushing UC Browser further on the platform. We last looked at the app back in December when it was bumped to 2.7 and introduced a number of improvements and new features, so what's new in the latest release?
There are a number of improvements in the latest update, including full HTML5 support and a speed mode for those who require faster connectivity. To please those who were looking for such functionality, the ability to download music files and synchronise them to Xbox Music on the handset is also presently available (files are located in Music folder when connected toa PC).
Here's what's reported in the changelog:
- Rendering Optimization - Full support for HTML5 features by default. If you need a faster connection instead of full features, you can use Speed Mode.
- File Syncs & Ports - Downloaded music files will be synced to the Video+Music Hub. You can also find them in the Music folder when you connect your device to your PC.
- Find in Page - Find the text in a lengthy page by key word to help you focus on your interest.
- Fixed some problems (bugs) that caused browser lags.
- Lumia 920 UI - A special UI optimization for Nokia Lumia 920 users. Enjoy a more pure experience!
UC Browser is a highly rated app on the Windows Phone store that offers a new user experience for those who wish to try something new, rather than sticking it out with IE 10 - should it not perform how you'd like. Looking at the frequency of updates being published, we can see UC Browser continuing to offer unique features to consumers who desire a third-party web browsing experience.
You can download UC Browser for free from the Windows Phone Store. Thanks, Pete, for the tip!