Verizon set to push out latest Windows Phone OS update for HTC Trophy
While Verizon deservedly gets a lot of flack for their shunning of Windows Phone, especially with their single offering of the HTC Trophy, they at least seem set on keeping that phone up to date.
If you navigate to the support page for the HTC Trophy on Verizon's site, you'll notice that information regarding the previous radio update has been removed. Instead, users are greeted with details on the latest software update: 2305.13.20402.605.
While that number doesn't reveal the OS version (8107), reading the new features and fixes reveals that indeed it has to be 8107 since it fixes the disappearing keyboard. Here are the new fixes and enhancements:
- Improved Voice Mail notifications when traveling outside the U.S.
- Enhanced Cellebrite contact transfer performance.
- Improvements in keyboard performance prevent keyboard from disappearing while typing.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved device performance when downloading large software update files.
- Original messages will be included when replying or forwarding an email via an Exchange 2003 server.
- Improvements in text messaging performance
No word on exactly when this update will begin being pushed but seeing as Verizon is coming forward with the details, we're going to say it's imminent. So good new for you Verizon folks, not so great news if you're on AT&T or Sprint.
Source: Verizon Support (PDF); Thanks, Ryan T., for the heads up!