The Nokia Lumia 925 launched with a slightly improved camera compared to the Nokia Lumia 920 and 928. That sixth lens does help, but it’s the software in the Lumia 925 that makes the biggest difference in improving the photo results. Don’t fret Lumia 920 and 928 owners, the Amber update from Nokia will help bring your camera up to par. Here’s a video of it on the Lumia 920.
The video shows off some of the cool features you’ll be getting with the Amber update. Things like always on clock, double tap to wake, the Nokia Smart Camera app, and more improvements throughout the phone. You can also flip your phone to silence it when a phone call is coming through. List view since you all like to scan and not read:
Amber – Lumia only update
- Double tap to wake
- Glance setting – Lockscreen clock feature
- Flip to silence
- New wallpapers (grab them here on SkyDrive)
- Smart Camera app
- Ability to set color profile for your screen
GDR2 – Windows Phone OS update
- IBN Notes Traveler and Sina Weibo (China only) account integration
- FM radio
- More carriers with DataSense support
- CalDAV and CardDav support
Another cool thing with Amber for Lumia devices is about that physical camera button on your phone. You’ll be able to set what happens when you press the physical camera button on your device. It’s always been that with any Windows Phone device it would open the stock camera app, but you’ll be able to set the Nokia Smart Camera app to open instead. That’s something we reported a few weeks back.
Which features above are you most looking forward to?
- A quick look at what's new in the Lumia 925 and the upcooming "Amber" firmware update
- Leaked images of the Lumia 925 show off on-screen clock, Data Sense, and more for GDR2 release
Thanks for the tip Kiraly A!