The official Vimeo app is now available in the Marketplace, which allows users to upload, manage and view content on the network. While there's already an unofficial app available by Ashtech Software (our review), it's good to see some more big brand love for the platform (plus the official offering is free).
The app itself looks great, the development team really have used the Metro UI to create a unique experience for Windows Phone users. Some feature highlights:
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Easily like, comment on, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and fascinating featured videos
- Quickly search for videos on Vimeo
- Easily upload your footage in HD
- Pause and resume uploads
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, email, or SMS
- Add videos to your Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Get stats on plays, likes, and comments
You can download Vimeo from the Marketplace for free.
Thanks everyone who tipped us on this!