We've got some good news for those who reside in Australia and own either the Nokia Lumia 800 or HTC Trophy. Vodafone AU is rolling out Windows Phone "Tango" to their customers in a staged release, which will cover a 24-day period until the flood gates are opened for all to receive the upgrade.
Should you not see the update notification immediately fear not as you're probably sat in line for the next tier of the rollout. Peter Skitchen reports that the following represents the release schedule Vodafone AU (and Microsoft) is sticking to.
- Day 1-6: Available to 10% of devices
- Day 7-20: Available to 25% of devices
- Day 21: Available to 40% of devices
- Day 22: Available to 60% of devices
- Day 23: Available to 80% of devices
- Day 24: Available to 100% of devices
In other Australian Windows Phone news, the HTC TITAN on Telstra has received a firmware update after being available for just under a month. No word currently on what has been included in the minor update.
Source: Peter Skitchen; thanks, Peter, for the heads up!