We've seen quite a few major outlets and stores get an official Windows Phone app lately, including Home Depot and Bank of America. And even Walgreens (store link), "The pharmacy that America trusts", now has a swanky new app for your usage. But this is actually way cool as it features "Refill Rx by Scan"--what's that you ask?
This exclusive Walgreens app feature lets you use your Windows Phone 7’s camera to order prescription refills in seconds. It’s time you experienced the convenience of Walgreens on your Windows phone.
Basically it's a barcode scanner for you prescription. You snap a shot, it access your account, you order your refill. Now that's smart, if you ask us. Other notabe features include:
- Order refills from your account history using your device
- Secure access to your prescription history from the palm of your hand
- Enter a prescription number for refills
- Order prints from your Windows phone
- Pick up your photos at a local Walgreens or have them shipped directly to you
- Walgreens great sales and savings are now available to you anytime, anywhere.
- View your local Weekly Ad
- Check product availability and pricing at any store
- Find a store and map directions with our new Store locator
While the app is not very "Metro" inspired, we find it fast and to the point with abundant features for what honestly seems like a mundane store. So kudos to Walgreens for bringing some unique features to Windows Phone. You can grab the app right now in the Marketplace here. Thanks, Patrick (devGOD) & @Avi_Franchise, for the heads up!