This past Friday you all came together to help Weather+ pick a new name. Over 1000 names were suggested, but we had to pick our top five so there’d be a vote. And vote we did. OneWeather came out the winner. Not only that but Bailey Stein, the developer, shared some information about an upcoming update for OneWeather. Details below.
First off, goodbye to Weather+. The app will be OneWeather going forward and big congratulations to the Twitter@Firas_MD for winning the renaming contest. All of the five participants in the poll won a $15 gift certificate to the Windows Phone Central Store, but the winner gets an extra $35 in that gift card. We’ll be reaching out to all the winners today. Check your inboxes!
So what’s next for OneWeather? Version 1.4 will come out in the next few weeks with the following new features:
- Rename to OneWeather
- Weather data is now cached to reduce loading time, voice command response time, and improve navigation
- 72 Hour Pro trial for free users wishing to try Pro features
- Option to share the current weather conditions on Facebook and Twitter
- Option to only send a toast notification for certain alerts (U.S. only – Europe’s MeteoAlarm titles aren’t consistent)
- Better app bar organization
- Improved animation smoothness
- Smarter use of API
- General bug fixes and improvements
Looks like a solid update and one we can’t wait to play with. We’ll of course let you know when the update is available for download.