MonstaFish is the latest Xbox Live release from IronSun Studios, makers of IonBallEX. Windows Phone Central first revealed the game to the world two weeks ago, and now it’s available on the Marketplace.
In MonstaFish, too much toxic waste has been dumped into the water, resulting in gnarly mutations known as MonstaFish. Naturally these toxic fish aren’t too tasty and must be removed for the good of the ocean!
This mode will kill you. A lot.
MonstaFish features five distinct game modes:
- The main game, MonstaFish, involves waiting around as a super-Octopus spits bubbles out. These combine when they bump into each other and can then be popped to defeat enemy fish.
- Fish Hook allows requires players to rescue friendly goldfish, hooking and pulling them through schools of MonstaFish using tilt controls. This is probably the most fun and intuitive gametype
- In Fish Hunt, a couple of cursors float up and down the screen. Tap them when a fish comes through to wipe it out. The mechanics seem a bit confusing so far.
- Time Attack gives players three minutes to tap and eliminate as many MonstaFish as possible. If the fish escape or you hit too many toxic waste barrels or Boomer fish, the game ends. This mode is actually quite hard and frustrating, though super gamer Zebrasqual has already knocked out both of its more evil Achievements.
- Fish Tank lets players feed their fish by tapping on the screen to drop flakes. You also need to scare off snails by swiping the screen, which unfortunately doesn’t work very well for me. Anyone else having trouble with that?
As you can see, MonstaFish packs a lot of variety for a single game. It costs only 99 cents and there is a free trial. Swim over here to get it from the Marketplace.